The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

mad dsm'er slowboy 7cm gasket

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boredguy128

Probationary Member
Aug 26, 2005
chicago, Illinois
So I ported my turbo with the slowboy 7cm gasket, and ya one of my turbo bolts broke(2 months later). I know 9 times out of 10 the screw ups/problems I see are cause of the people and never happen to me. But this is the first to happen to me. One of my turbo bolts broke with the slow boy racing 7cm gasket.

Just wanted others to know.

It didn't happen till a few months after the 3rd time I wasted hours porting every thing.

I read threads here that warned, warned me about this common problem with this company but I didn't believe them. Because no other common problem threads have come true for me.

But you guys definitely predicted this one. I should have listened to you guys on this one in the first place.

I learn every thing the hard way. Hopefully the antiseize makes the bolt come out easy when I have time.

I posted my experience because my turbo was installed at SBR, broke bolts when I took it apart, and when I tried to re-assemble it wouldn't line up. I understand what you mean by having it slightly larger for a little wiggle room, but my problem was that only the first bolt in would thread properly, none of the others would, because the first bolt pushed the gasket out of position getting it just close enough to score the crap out of the threads on the other bolts.

And for the record I did not tighten the first bolt before trying to do the others, I would just thread it in a few turns with my fingers. I was quite baffled at first, trying to figure out which of my holes wasn't lining up, I kept chasing it around the 4, until I realized what was going on. Then I drilled the holes in the gasket a little larger, and it went together quickly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back