The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Machinist instructions for around 400hp DD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh1095

Banned Member
Aug 27, 2009
st. jacob, Illinois
i just bought a 97 gst in excellent condition all around. it has 200k on the engine and a decent knock to it. anyway, im gonna put about 6k into the car. hoping for a solid platform to put down around 375 to 400 hp.
the long block is going to the machinist in a couple weeks. ive told him my goals. is there anything i should go over with him? i saw the pics of the oil port in the head and how that increased flow so i thought id show him that. im a noob to gst's but have a decent knowledge of mechanics.
my list is:
forged internals
bored out as small as possible .020? or more if need be(he will surely decide this)
arp everything
cometic HG
new oil pump
acl bearings or similiar
fmic kit
16g(real not ebay shit)
1000cc injs
dsmlink( can i go with the v3 lite?)
exhaust
wideband
should i have new valve seals put in? port n polish? im sure im missing alot.
Also upgrading clutch while im in there.
btw im paying around 2200(approximation) for machine work fully assembled including parts

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back