The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Machine shop in Clarksville/Nashville area

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenn-gsx

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 25, 2006
Fort Worth, Texas
Hello folks. I'm going to be building a new engine when I return from Afghanistan and need a lead on a good machine shop. I hear great things about Richmond Machine Shop in Clarksville but all I have heard about is head work. Anyone know if they can machine a 4G63 block? Any other shops that you can give me personal experience on? This will be a high HP 2.3L build so I need someone who actually KNOWS the Mitsu 4cyl.

Things Ill be needing done.

Bore 20 Over
Align hone
block decked
Oil squirter's removed or replaced
Mag fluxed
Thoroughly cleaned
Pistons installed on rods
Complete balancing of rotating assy

Refreshing of head including installation of Ferrera valve guides
head assembly
Maybe slight porting
Mirror finish on deck surface(milled not belt grinding)

I need a QUALITY shop. I been ripped off by a local shop on a short block build already. Not planning on going through any of that again.

hit up mark over at napa in franklin he builds and drives a dsm himself and runs his own machine shop right under napa

i dont have his number or anything but ive been down there a few times and watched him machine heads and seen his wide collection of blocks hes been working on and such both personal and for customers

Have you tried ICE, Inovative competition engines down on madison street past the sango walmart? I just had my motor hot tanked, bored .020. honed, decked , align honed for kiggly girdle for $475. Who ripped you off here?

not bashing anyone but ICE sucked the guys a cool dude but their work sucks.

Shacklett Auto in nashville by the fairgrounds.

Machined my engine, and engine dyno'd it. owned by dad and son, Bo and John.

and they have ALOT of experience with the 4G63's.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

heres their drag engine, ran on meth with a GT42R lots of custom work, they welded a nissan dizzy on it and bolted it up to a turbo 300 trans.

they dropped it into a s10 pickup. thats why the intake opens on the right.

that thing looks crazy with all those SS braided lines everywhere.

I only went with ICE because they were recommended to me by a couple dsm'rs here in town. I wish I has more experience to look at the motor to check on the work they did. Im still in the learning stage.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back