The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

macco quality for a same color paint job

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chumpchange101

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 3, 2004
Pawtucket, Rhode_Island
Has anyone had their car repainted the same color at macco?, i have read threads where some aren't happy when they change the color but i was wondering the quality of a same color job...

Same answers im sure but BUMP this. I am looking to do the same thing.....
-Depends on shop
-Slip Painter some extra money
-Its all in the prep work. Any monkey can spray the gun.

Itzallstock said:
Its all in the prep work. Any monkey can spray the gun.

Alot of it is in the prep work, but I 100% disagree that any monkey can spray the gun. It is ALOT harder than you think. Been there, done that.

I've had 7 cars painted there now. 3 were the same color and the other 4 were color changes. On all of these cars, before they got sent to the shop, i did all the body work, prep work, priming, and sanding. Each one of the cars came back looking great! One thing that you have to remember is that they have Maaco has some of the best painters out there! Talking to these production managers, they say that these guys will paint anywhere from 8 - 10 cars in one day! Thats more than i'll ever paint in my lifetime! The key is to really have the prepwork done yourself.

if u were to do all the body work yourself and u just wanted the outside of the car painted the same color (no door jams and such) how much would that cost?

one of my friends had his truck painted same color over there and it was horrible the paint was seriously bumpy but I've also seem them do a really good job on another car so it's just who you get even if you take your car somewhere by the pros they can mess a car up to I've seen people pay 3000 for a paint job at supposed one of the best shops around and it come out horrible so it's just someone that you either know and trust or you've seen there work first hand.

Itzallstock said:
-Its all in the prep work. Any monkey can spray the gun.

yes, it is MOSLTY prep work and good prep work is very very important for a good paint job. The second part is extremely not true. Sure any monkey can spray the gun, but any monkey can ruin a paint job by not knowing how to spray properly.

definately prep it yourself, talk to the owner/manager find out whos the best, be sure to let him know he gets a bonus for a good job, and im sure theres a car layin around there somewhere that he just painted you can look at.

be sure to check out multiple locations if they are near you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back