The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

2G M&W pro 12 wiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have accel fuel completely off. I have helped tune my friends mr2 and accel fuel was one of the last things we did to smooth out the tune.
Just in case, let me ask some basic question. Did you set the base timing in AEMTuner? Is the EMS-4 used or a new? And please make your car profile.
So as I understood that the car starts up smoothly and has stable idle, but doesn't rev up smoothly in neutral and the car is not drivable?
Accel vs Fuel is not the only parameter. Did you try to change the number for accel TPS sensitivity in the Accel tab? This is the one that affects the throttle reaction a lot and make the car underivable if the number is completely off. I was thinking that this is the one suspicious. But since you have fouled plugs, something else is going on, too.

Just in case, let me ask some basic question. Did you set the base timing in AEMTuner? Is the EMS-4 used or a new? And please make your car profile.
So as I understood that the car starts up smoothly and has stable idle, but doesn't rev up smoothly in neutral and the car is not drivable?
Accel vs Fuel is not the only parameter. Did you try to change the number for accel TPS sensitivity in the Accel tab? This is the one that affects the throttle reaction a lot and make the car underivable if the number is completely off. I was thinking that this is the one suspicious. But since you have fouled plugs, something else is going on, too.
I did set base timing at 10 degree. It’s spot on at ideal and 3000 when I locked timing.

The EMS was new when I bought it years ago. I have sent it in to AEM and had it tested about 2 years ago and said it was working as should be.

It does rev up but doesn’t sound right but it doesn’t backfire. It back fires when you accelerate. I added a video. And picture of plugs.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Just watched the video. So actually it's not idling good. it's revving up and down itself, no one in the car in the video correct? This still makes me think something is not right in the software side (tuning). If you want, you can upload the cal file and a log. I'm not a pro tuner, but by more eyes may find something. Of course you should try the new coil when you receive it.

Just watched the video. So actually it's not idling good. it's revving up and down itself, no one in the car in the video correct? This still makes me think something is not right in the software side (tuning). If you want, you can upload the cal file and a log. I'm not a pro tuner, but by more eyes may find something. Of course you should try the

I just tested my coils. I found out 3 of 4 coils tested bad. That is were I should probably start. LOL. I’m going to a different setup since I would have to buy 3 coils anyway. Appreciate the help.

I just tested my coils. I found out 3 of 4 coils tested bad. That is were I should probably start. LOL. I’m going to a different setup since I would have to buy 3 coils anyway. Appreciate the help.
Sure you should start from there. In case if the idle/throttle response are still not smooth like the video after replacing the coils or ignition setup, should play with the idle tab and the accel tab first. The accel tab is not always the last thing to do. Keep in mind that if some parameter in the accel tab is messed up, you can't rev up smoothly even in neutral. Some parameters are directly related to throttle reaction.
And for future reference, to upload AEM files, you zip it first and upload. So the site will allow you to upload it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back