The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

M.O.M. Show 2023

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DogWhistle

Supporting VIP
Sep 13, 2012
St. Paul, Minnesota
Attended the Mitsubishi Owners Meet in Kissimmee Florida this weekend in beautiful weather. Great turnout. Easily 300+ cars and thousands in attendance. Here are some 2G & 1G pics and one familiar project...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Your eyes are not playing tricks: It is a mini, freshly imported.

Last edited:
Damnit, I left myself open for that one.. but my wife would probably have burned me just the same.
Let's it in try lowercase: "mom" show.

(Let me know if it still doesn't make sense -- I can try writing it in crayons) :sneaky:

On the actual topic, regarding that blue/purple Eclipse, I love the headlights but not the tails. I still want to transfer my 1G programmable LED tails into 2G housings but have to find some spares first.
Anybody know what's up with those headlights? Are they Acura RLX retrofits?

Ironically I was in town on the same day. Like 13 minutes from Old Town where it happened. I didn't go, and I don't regret it at all. I'm getting old now to where driving more than like 4-5 hours at a time is murder on my body. Glad it was good though!

But Jesus tap dancing Christ does Orlando traffic SUCK. Never seen so many Texas and Georgia license plates in my life. Lol.

What made traffic worse was it was 1) spring break week for Texas colleges 2) the last weekend of Bike Week 3) Huge farmers convention, so that plus anyone coming down for the M.O.M. all went through the 2 lane Florida Turnpike.

It added FOUR HOURS to the ETA. So what was supposed to be a 6.5 hour drive ended up taking until 9pm.

TL;DR I felt 90 years old due to a little bit of a drive/traffic and skipped the meet, and regret NOTHING. :p

Anybody know what's up with those headlights? Are they Acura RLX retrofits?
Jewel retrofit... i "heard" its expensive and a pain in the ass to do... Havent gone too deep into looking into it myself.. just heard someone else mention it in a video a few weeks ago. Looks great tho, Id love to do it

Update:
This guys shop page say they are out of a 2017 Acura ILX. Maybe uses the same as the RLX?

Last edited:
Ironically I was in town on the same day. Like 13 minutes from Old Town where it happened. I didn't go, and I don't regret it at all. I'm getting old now to where driving more than like 4-5 hours at a time is murder on my body. Glad it was good though!

But Jesus tap dancing Christ does Orlando traffic SUCK. Never seen so many Texas and Georgia license plates in my life. Lol.

What made traffic worse was it was 1) spring break week for Texas colleges 2) the last weekend of Bike Week 3) Huge farmers convention, so that plus anyone coming down for the M.O.M. all went through the 2 lane Florida Turnpike.

It added FOUR HOURS to the ETA. So what was supposed to be a 6.5 hour drive ended up taking until 9pm.

TL;DR I felt 90 years old due to a little bit of a drive/traffic and skipped the meet, and regret NOTHING. :p
I was wondering if you made it. I definitely understand just wanting to get home after such a long drive though.

The purple Eclipse belongs to Rix Racing. He has a friend who built these taillights and will build more if more people are interested. The multicolor display was just for a show setting. The tails actually went through a ‘light show’ sequence that — as we understand it — is programable. It looked great in person.

We took a movie of the light sequence, but haven’t made the time to do upload the video here yet.

I was wondering if you made it. I definitely understand just wanting to get home after such a long drive though.

Yep yep. Had my 3 year old with me too, who was thankfully amazing the whole way. But that was a huge factor too. Lol.

Thanks for posting these photos! — yes my taillights are completely programmable via bluetooth and a cell phone app they have something like 40 or so different show modes and 200 or so different colors

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back