The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Lucas English goes [email protected] on stock 10.5 housing turbo and E90 fuel!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SonySlave

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 24, 2004
Pasadena, Maryland
Lucas English at English Racing went [email protected] in his '04 Evo SSL on the stock turbo with a 10.5cm2 hotside!

Mods:
-'04 SSL EVO VIII stock turbo
-10.5cm2 Hot side
-E90 fuel
-HKS 272's
-ETS IC and piping with ETS intake pipe
-FIC 850s's
-Forge BOV
-Ebay O2 (needed tig welder, grinder and resurface to make right)
-Walbro 255hp
-Custom cold air intake with airmeter in fender which let him hold 2psi more to redline
-Spike 28psi hold 24psi to redline.
-Flash tuning done by Lucas English
-FP upgraded WG actuater
-ARP rod bolts
-BS remove
-stock head bolts
-BR 3in TBE
-Exedy HD twin disk clutch
-English Racing built tranny with a IX taller 1st

Here are some pics of the engine, the timeslips, and the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVNLkLK9Gqo

Attachments

• EVO_motor_bay.JPG
    EVO_motor_bay.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 2,024
  • 11_2_11_3_time_slips.jpg
    11_2_11_3_time_slips.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 899
awesome!
i was under the impression that you needed extremely large injectors to run the ethanol blend fuels... like 1600cc..

awesome!
i was under the impression that you needed extremely large injectors to run the ethanol blend fuels... like 1600cc..
Judging by the traps and assuming a near stock weight car/driver of 3200#, I'd estimate the power to be around 420-440WHP which seems in line with some of the other top E85 + Big16G powered cars.

Now looking thru this E85 Primer (which is a a guide only), 880cc injectors could potentially support up to 49lb/min of airflow @ 100% DC (and slightly less with E90).

I'd assume this car was at or near the limit with the 880s. SonySlave, can you confirm? :dsm:

I am right at 100% DC right now running mid 11 afrs. The car has made 429whp on a Dyno jet.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back