The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

lOWERING SPRINGS DINT LOWER?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1992_Talon_tsi

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 20, 2009
MIAMI, Florida
Ok guys yesturday i installed DropZone front lowering springs in my car, it dint lower it at all so today i was waiting for today to see if anything happens and nothing. Its supposed to lower the car by 2inch and it havent even lower 1 inch do i need anything to make it happen? camber kits, new shocks, suspension alignment i dont know im not familiar with this?

Any pictures? Its hard to say since we didn't do the installation or see what it looks like. Did you trim the bumpstops?

No all i did was take out the older springs and put the new ones in, do i need to cut the bump stop to get that 2" drop?

well with any springs you're gonna want new struts for them, or your old ones will most likely blow out.

edit: and you got 2'' springs for the front and nothing for the back?

No i got the set but i only installed the front ones because i dint have much time and i had to go to work!

You are supposed to trim the bump stops or buy new ones. Its possible the car just hasn't sat long enough for the suspension to sag or sit properly, assuming there is a weight or load on the front suspension.

Or the you may not have installed them properly sitting in the strut.

No all i did was take out the older springs and put the new ones in, do i need to cut the bump stop to get that 2" drop?

No i got the set but i only installed the front ones because i dint have much time and i had to go to work!

^LOL. You can't expect something to work like it is suppose to if YOUR going to half ass it :nono:

Do the installation correctly, there are plenty of threads to help you that already exist if you search for them.

I had a complete horror story for this place. Keep in mind, it was a spring/strut combo for my 4th gen Maxima daily, but DropZone is out of a shop in Florida that escapes me at the moment. I believe its on the box they send you, but at any rate: My max was lifted 2 inches in the front. Yes, you read right. 2 inches lifted in the front, 2 inches lowered in the rear. Wow, massive holeshot action. Car must have a J30 driveline, eh?

Called the shop and complained, they told me I installed the springs wrong. I told them they are misinformed, impossible to do such on this car. They told me they had a bad batch of springs go out, they will send me some new ones or I could send mine in to be CUT. The breath was drawn out of my lungs at this point. I raised hell, manager said he would send me revised springs free of charge. What I received were 2 more springs, CUT, and painted a non-matching color red with a touch up brush. At this point, I was pissed and decided to chase my ebay seller instead. The seller ended up partially refunding me, and the nightmare was straightened out.

I decided to stick with my H&R's.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back