The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Lowering Springs, Blue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triggerx

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 15, 2009
Gilbert, Arizona
Ive been trying to determine what lowering springs these are on my car, Ive had them on since Ive had it.
The car is 90 AWD Talon Turbo,
the lowering springs are blue.

Any major brands come to mind?

If not Ill just end up replacing them, ### the car seems to have always "bounced" on dips and such. I feel its due to bad lowering springs, and worn aftermarket struts

From the sounds of it I would think the were ebay springs. If you google, 1g dsm lowering springs, the only ones to be found are no name ebay ones. And with the description of how they handle bumps I would say they are probably ebay springs. You could try replacing your struts and see if your car handles bumps any better before replacing them.

The "bounce" is more likely due to blown struts...which may be due to your lowering springs allowing them to bottom out.

I have used ebay coilover springs before with success but they were with KYB AGXs. I actually tested the rates and they were 550 lbs up front and 350 lbs in the rear...and I was surprised that the pairs were within a couple lbs of each other. And this was after a couple years of having them on the car...not bad for cheap a... eBay springs.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back