The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Lowering question....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redec

Probationary Member
Jun 12, 2002
Calgary_AB_CA
I posted this in the newbie forum, but perhaps it belongs here instead.

snip
I just bought a 95 Talon TSI AWD. I want to lower it about 1.5" - 1.75" and I want to sacrifice as little ride comfort as possible. It will mostly just be used for daily driving, and drag racing....and once in a while perhaps an autocross. If money is no object, what would be the best way to achieve this? And also if money is an object, what would be the best way?

thx

If you do not want to sacrifice ride quality but want to do all those things you metioned you will need coil-overs and adjustable shocks that way you can have comfort for normal driving and set it for auto-cross or drag racing.

Later,

well...forget the autocross....I won't be doing that much, if at all....and if I do do it, I won't be pushing the car anywhere near it's limits. Just daily driving and drag racing.....I don't really need/want the abilty to manually adjust ride height....

just slam the car, go 3", it'll look good

Typical ricer mentality. Yes, let's forget all about ride comfort and handling. As long as it looks "tight dawg", than that's all that matters. :rolleyes:

On topic, go with H&R's or Eibach's with the Tokico blue struts for the best in handling and ease on your wallet.

Joe

I would not "slam" the car. Anything lower than 2" and the car will not be worth driving. Oh it will look good, just don't try going into driveways, parking lots, or anything else that changes elevation. Be sure to check the Parts Guide and Tuning Guide linked at the top of this page to see some good info.

I won't need a camber kit or anything?.....if so, what is a good one that will suit my needs? (If you can't tell, I don't really know much about suspension....but I'm learning fast) :)

A nice coil-over set-up will help you maintain a decent ride with the adjustability. Keep in mind also, the size of tire/tire you will be running later. Since that can have a signifcant impact on the "ride quality" as well.

Cheap. If you get coilovers get Ground Control. If you want a Coilover shock combo get ,Tein,HKS,Apex'i,or progressive but plan to spend over 1000 dollars.

Later,

this is for curtis. i got ractive coilovers on mine on a 2 in. drop. theyre fine just dont planon hittin bumps. **** hits hard if u hit a good one. anyway theyre worth it i think.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back