The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

lower tie bar

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

14.5 drift

Banned Member
Feb 25, 2004
o.c., California
Well i bought a 3 piece set off ebay, every thing looks great and fitment was perfect and easy accept for the tie bar. After reading a few other threads it turns out the exhaust is in the way on the gsx, is there any thing I can do with this or should I just ebay it?

Rear lower tie-bars are a total waste on a 2G AWD, since that great big subframe is more than enough.

Front lower tie-bars are great, but should only be bought from RRE. Their piece not only works, but will clear a 3" downpipe.

- Jtoby

possible? yes. Good idea? probably not. Let me take a stab at this one...you picked up a megan rancing strut bar set off ebay. Use the strut tower bars, sell the lower tie bar back on ebay.

Going against bill engvals advice not to ask the stupid question, I'll have to ask why?

mind you I can't seem to find a picture of what the front bar looks like.........

You don't need pictures of the parts; you need to go look underneath your car. Compare the distances between the two points that would be connected in the front and rear, and also look at what other things need to be worked around.

I've never seen a lower rear tie bar for a 2G (since there are much cheaper ways to add balast to a 2G AWD), but it would impossible for a part that does any good in the front to fit anywhere in the rear. From this I've made the huge leap that the converse also holds.

- Jtoby

ps. mods - I know that I just mentioned balast in a reply to 14.5 ... please don't hurt me

Attachments

• REAR LOWER AIHCME.jpg
    REAR LOWER AIHCME.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 403
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back