The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

lower control arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSntncT

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 26, 2003
Central Valley, California
Does anyone know where I can find a piar of rear lower control arms for a good price??? My ball joints are shot, and there is no recall for the rear ones. Is there anything I can do in the meanwhile to soften the blow from the bad ball joints?

partznet.com

I have no idea what you mean by softening the blow from bad ball joints.

- Jtoby

Originally posted by jtmcinder
partznet.com

I have no idea what you mean by softening the blow from bad ball joints.

- Jtoby

Thanks man, I'll check it out. What I meant was that I can't remember where exactly I heard this, but you could put some kind of sealant around the ball joints, and it would hold up for a little while. Maybe not huh?

Man this site is something else....I called a different mitsu dealer, and they said $235 each for what I needed. conicelli is only asking 27.44 each. That's sweet. But just for clarification, it APPEARS that #7 is the what I need to order. Give me the noob award if ya want :p, but is this the same arm that hold the ball joint that sits under the rim?(On the rear passenger side, if you could see through the rim, I'm talking about the joint that sits in the middle to the left, the right if you are on the driver's side)OMG

The "normal" names for the items in the picture linked to by Dave are these:

#5 is the lower lateral link
#6 in the inboard bushing for the above
#7 is the toe arm
#8 is the trailing link

While I've been impressed by Conicelli's prices before, $27 for a toe arm complete with eccentric-cam inboard bushing and outboard ball joint seems very low.

- Jtoby

i got in an accident recently and i was in the same position a few weeks ago, i went to the dealer and for 300$ i got all the parts i needed, and one of the control arms were on recall, make sure you check for that because you could get some stuff free :D

Originally posted by jtmcinder
The "normal" names for the items in the picture linked to by Dave are these:

While I've been impressed by Conicelli's prices before, $27 for a toe arm complete with eccentric-cam inboard bushing and outboard ball joint seems very low.

- Jtoby

Yeah, I thought so too. But that is the price listed........

Turningturbo25 said:
WTF i am on conicelli site, in the catalog section, there is no mistubishi to choose from
You know, stuff happens in a year. Since this thread was started Conicelli closed down their Mitsubishi dealership. The main parts guy there has picked up a lot of the inventory and can be found at http://www.jnztuning.com/.

Rockville is still going strong at http://www.mitsupartsdirect.com/

Steve

thanks, thats what i figured happened. But the site still have a mitsubishi sign on it. but thanks...

Those sites kinda suck too. How long has rockvilles' DSM section be down like that?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back