The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Lower Control Arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbrpta30

Probationary Member
Nov 6, 2005
Chicago, Illinois
Does anybody know the real way of installing the lower control arm on a 1995 eagle talon esi automatic. Like if it needs to be jacked up? If it is tightened a certain torque? If it needs to be lubed? Those kind of things... Please help me as soon as possible. If you are guessing don't post a reply please.

Mine are getting done tommorow. If by tommorow you are unable to find the answer I'll let you know the details.

:dsm: :dsm: :dsm: :dsm: :dsm: :dsm:

cbrpta30 said:
Does anybody know the real way of installing the lower control arm on a 1995 eagle talon esi automatic. Like if it needs to be jacked up? If it is tightened a certain torque? If it needs to be lubed? Those kind of things... Please help me as soon as possible. If you are guessing don't post a reply please.

Sheesh. Don't scare away all your help. I think you are talking about the lateral control arm, but I'm only guessing. All 2gs are the same.

Yes you need jack up the car. It would be difficult to remove the wheel otherwise.
No, you don't need to grease it.
Yes, the bolts should be torqued to 72-87 ft. lbs. on the inner, 65 on the outer, and 43-52 at the ball joint.

You may need to jack against the ball joint to get enough friction to torque the nut.

wret said:
You may need to jack against the ball joint to get enough friction to torque the nut.

That's the hardest part, you may have to experiment some to get a good bite on it. I have no clue how that can accurately be torqued though, there's virtually no room to fit even a slim wrench in there. I had to "best guess" it... Most exciting part of mine was the sparks shooting out as I loosened the big bolt that it pivots on at the frame side. Took HUGE breaker bars and we felt like we were gonna lift the car right off the jackstand :) Everytime it would start to turn we'd get a few sparks :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back