The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

low voltage to cam and crank sensor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

safirenside

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 28, 2011
houston, Texas
My car died the other day while I was driving so I tested the supply voltage to cam and crank sensor and I was reading .72 volts. The cam is suppose to read around 12 volts and the crank around 9volts, also I can not connect to the obd2 on my lap top its says it has no power. Is my ecu bad?

Could be. Is the PCM turning the ASD relay on providing +12v to your 95 PCM pin 42? This should be done by the PCM driving it's pin 18 to ground. I just realized the 95 PCM has different pinout than 96-99 so perhaps the CAS and CPS have different voltage (although they both list the circuit as XWW3 8v supply) - I only have the 99 diagrams.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/420a-bolt-tech/283950-2gnt-pcm-connector-views.html

pin 11 is 12 volts, Pin 42 has 11.52 volts, pin 44 has .71volts it should be 8 volt supply, pin 54 11.84volts.

I just tested to see if I had spark and I got no fire. I also tied in pin 54 to pin 44. I have power to my cam 12v and crank 12v and receiving signal from both but still no fire. I have 12 volts to the coil power wire to. Any ideas whats wrong?

Last edited:
It's sounding more and more like the PCM. Can you swap with another 95NT? Open yours up and look for leaking capacitors/components, fried components, broken/melted solder traces, rotten egg smell (leaking capacitors).

When I took the back off the pcm it has this redish gell in it so i cant see the board. Ill take the picture tomorow.

Here it is.

I did another test on the coil pack connecter to see if it was sending signal and it was not.

Attachments

• Photo0170.jpg
    Photo0170.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 610
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back