The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink Low timing and weird boost levels.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakk220

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 13, 2010
Akron, Ohio
I'm in desperate need of some help. No matter how much research, testing, and tuning I do I can never get my GSX to tune right. It needs low timing of about 8 degrees or so to not knock under WOT and it runs super rich until it gets into full boost. If I'm at partial throttle at about 10 psi let say, it runs 10afr flat. I just recently bought a FP green and it's boosting all over the place it seems. 1st gear only goes up to 20psi (feels quite sluggish as well in first), 2nd goes to about 21ish, 3rd to about 24, and 4th gear will take me to 26psi.

Profile is pretty much up to date. I am having trouble editing it now but its close. I'm attaching a few logs in hopes that someone could shed some light on this for me. I've been trying to tune this thing forever and just cant afford a professional to do it right now. Thanks for any advice. If any other values need logged or any other things are needed I can log them

Notes: No boost leaks, plugs are gaped at .026, fuel is 93 octane.

Attachments

• 3rd Gear pull 1.elg
    96.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 1st gear pull.elg
    15.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 3rd gear pull 2.elg
    17.1 KB · Views: 70
You should include what mods you have done.
Like I said profile is mostly up to date. But ok.

9:1 Manley pistons, eagle rods, 272 crower cams, 880cc precision injectors, walbro 255lph fuel pump, fp green, ported exhaust mani, ngr recirc valve, fmic, buschur cat back, 3in down pipe, bpr7es plugs, hallman mbc, shep stage 3 trans, fidanza 6 puck clutch....

Those are all of the things I can think of that matter.

Well first thing first you need to do some MAF comp adjusting. Your combined FT is like -15 while at idle. Also try to adjust MAF comp so that you AFR est and Wideband read the same while boosting. Is your wideband reading correct? Is LINK and the gauge face showing the same number?

^ I would defenetely start here.

Also on your list of parts above there is no AFPR on there. Do you have a AFPR with your 255??

When you tune, can you get rid of the knock with your tuning? Or does it stay, like possibly phantom knock? Lose objects underhood maybe?

What gas are you running? You do have slightly higher comp Pistons so that can contribute, but not sure how much, I have the same Pistons and have no knock with 18 degrees on E85 though.

Good luck and God bless,

Anthony B.

Link and gauge do show the same number if youre talking about the AEMwideband number I log not afr est . I do have a small exhaust leak that I believe throws it off at idle. Because it's pegged lean at idle. No matter how hard it try to fix the leak I can't get the DP to mate to the o2 housing properly. Under full boost I can't even hear the leak though.

I don't have a afpr. I had one and Dave buschur told me take it off. I was going to get another one though. And it can be tuned out so it's not phantom knock.

I will definitely start with the MAF comp though and update after. The different amount of boost in different gears is killing me though.
I'm on 93 octane though. No e85 yet :(

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back