The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Low Db High Flow Exhaust Ideas Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdoherty420

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 24, 2011
Woburn, Massachusetts
As of now I have a 3" Cat Back Stainless Exhaust (Not really sure what brand, came with the car) that I really want to change out. I average at least 1 Loud Exhaust Ticket every 2 months, luckily they are not surcharge-able. At $50 per ticket, they are getting very annoying and expensive. I really have to do something about this issue. I would really like to find or build an exhaust that has the performance of my current system, but without all the excess noise. As much as I love the way it sounds now, the tickets are really not worth it. I would really like to find a full system in stainless, or some other material that New England weather worthy. Also, any input/ideas on fabricating my own exhaust would be great as well. I would like to change the down pipe and cat as well. Currently the down pipe and cat are factory. I have been debating on removing the cat entirely, but only if i can keep the new setup quiet without it. Pretty much looking for a complete turbo back exhaust system. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank You Gentlemen, Have A Nice Day..

You can just buy a muffler with 3" inlet and dual 2¼" outlet and weld it in place

Easiest way is to just add resonators. I've grown tired of droning exhausts just for the sake of flow. They started giving me headaches.

I'm adding two 18" long, 3" ID SS resonators to my exhaust. The 3" ID will ensure my flow stays up and the resonators will quiet the sound significantly without adding a lot of bulk like a typical muffler will.

Had an old country guy tell my friend to put a Cherry Bomb muffler on backwards, basically where the cat would be on my friend's 2.5" exhaust on his 1G to act as a resonator. Quieted the exhaust down a bit, who woulda thoughtROFL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back