The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

low cost injector seal alternative.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanro

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 22, 2009
Montgomery, Alabama
I remember seeing something about a low cost alternative or the lower injector seals. I just cannot seem to find it.

to be honest with ya i bought some lower seals from a hardware store for .10 cents a piece

h.d.r. 3/8 neoprende insulators. temporary fix

HDR? Home Depot Racing? 3/8" neoprene insulators. Sweet. Will be hitting up Lowes tomorrow. Where would these be? Plumbing? Electrical?

I ordered some "OEM" Insulators from ebay for about 15$, cheaper than the parts store, still gonna take a week or two because of my postal service isnt worth shit. I am seriously trying to get a my zipcode changed to a different one that is closer because the ####ers won't deliver my mail.

Last edited:
If you wind up needing bigger upper insulators, an assorted box of grommets from Harbor Freight has a great set of 5/16"-ers in it for around $5, and when you're done you still have enough left over to relocate your battery and install a trophy-winning audio system. Don't let 'em go to waste at that price.

They only cost like 4.00....i guess if you need them in a pinch go to the depot.

They only cost like 4.00....i guess if you need them in a pinch go to the depot.

Yes the upper o-rings are .99 each. I need the lower seals.

I've got a better idea, how about you do it right the first time.

Because they are 19.99 each plus 3.99 shipping for the first and 1.00 for each additional. That's 88$ for some rubber grommets. And its gonna be a minimum 2 weeks for delivery, could be six months. And I have to pay for them ahead of time. I want the car running yesterday, so Ima fork over a few bucks whilst I wait on the parts I need to get here from ebay. Do you have anything else useless to contribute?

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are you looking?

JNZ Tuning has OEM insulators for $1.79/ea and since you live in the states, shipping is nil.

Yes the upper o-rings are .99 each. I need the lower seals.

Because they are 19.99 each plus 3.99 shipping for the first and 1.00 for each additional. That's 88$ for some rubber grommets. And its gonna be a minimum 2 weeks for delivery, could be six months. And I have to pay for them ahead of time. I want the car running yesterday, so Ima fork over a few bucks whilst I wait on the parts I need to get here from ebay. Do you have anything else useless to contribute?

You have no idea what you are talking about..LOL

EXTREME PSI : Your #1 Source for In Stock Performance Parts

whole kit...the lowers alone are 2$

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
The parts store be it napa, oreillys, advance, vatozone, or carquest will have them instock or there by 9am the next morning in most cases.

However, this part is on back order, expensive, and I don't want to wait 2 weeks. It doesn't matter if I order them from a parts store, or literally any vendor, it will take 2 weeks for me to get and install them. My postal service is crap, and even if the vendor did ship them via ups or fedex I wouldn't get that till next week, and wouldn't be able to install it until next weekend so again 2 weeks.

Why do you keep regurgitating the same stuff? I HAVE ALLREADY ORDERED THEM OEM ONES. I need something I can install tomorrow.

The parts store be it napa, oreillys, advance, vatozone, or carquest will have them instock or there by 9am the next morning in most cases.

However, this part is on back order, expensive, and I don't want to wait 2 weeks. It doesn't matter if I order them from a parts store, or literally any vendor, it will take 2 weeks for me to get and install them. My postal service is crap, and even if the vendor did ship them via ups or fedex I wouldn't get that till next week, and wouldn't be able to install it until next weekend so again 2 weeks.

Why do you keep regurgitating the same stuff? I HAVE ALLREADY ORDERED THEM OEM ONES. I need something I can install tomorrow.

Ohhhh. I guess you could try home depot like mentioned above.

$7.50 handling fee? What the hell is a handling fee?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Same as shipping more or less. Are you REALLY bitching about extremepsi? Lol...guess your REAL new to dsms...they are hands down one of the best vendors out there.

Same as shipping more or less. Are you REALLY bitching about extremepsi? Lol...guess your REAL new to dsms...they are hands down one of the best vendors out there.

No im not bitching. I actually ordered that kit last night. : ) You are correct in assuming that I am new to the dsm world. Please tolerate my ignorance sir. I will learn as quickly as possible.

No im not bitching. I actually ordered that kit last night. : ) You are correct in assuming that I am new to the dsm world. Please tolerate my ignorance sir. I will learn as quickly as possible.

LOL Its all good bro.

go to auto zone and get the top seal for the injector. they work fine on the bottom of the injector and head without and leak. thats what the old fic injectors seals were.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back