The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Low base fuel pressure

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsm1gturbotalon

Probationary Member
Jan 1, 2003
Racine, Wisconsin
Today I installed 660cc injectors and a br fpr on my 90 talon awd. I was making an attempt to get the 255 fp in but couldn't get the fuel fitting off and gave up until tommorrow. I installed the fuel pressure gauge on the fuel filter and started the car up. I had a leak and put some teflon tape on the fitting, tightened everything up and there seems to be no more leaks. The problem is that the gauge is reading about 22 psi at idle. I thought base pressure was about 37psi. Does this seem to be a problem with the install of the gauge or with the fuel pump itself? Does it need to be rewired? I am going to try and get the new pump in tommorrow, any help on getting that fitting loose?

fpr? does that mean fuel pressure regulator? If so it should be adjustable and you could just reset you base fuel pressure.

Is the gage on the FPR? If so, it will read a few psi lower than normal. Adjust accordingly. Normally the fuel pressure is checked on top of the fuel filter. Also there are two ways to check pressure, with the vacuum hose attached to the fpr (26-28 psi), and without it attached (36-38 psi).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back