The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink Lots of new parts and now engine wont idle- ECMlink log included!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myk984g63

Proven Member
Oct 8, 2020
Bakersfield, California
Hey everybody, hope all is well! Unfortunately my father passed last weekend and the only thing I had to be excited about was finishing my DSM to be able to drive it and experience the difference all the new parts made. Now it won't start. Turns over but wont idle. Here's what I did...
Changed headgasket and added ARP headstuds, installed a sheet metal intake manifold, S90 throttle body, FP HTA68 turbo, external wastegate, new equal length exhaust manifold, 850cc injectors, AEM Afpr, 255 fuel pump and finally, a new FMIC (600+HP rating). I've went in and changed the injector settings in ECMlink and anything else that needed it. Pretty sure everything is hooked back up properly and spark plugs gapped accordingly. Now it just won't start and kinda backfires a bit.

I had ran into a similar issue when i started putting all my parts on the car it would start not idle kept it running with my foot on the throttle it backfired and would shut off as much as i messed with the link i took it to a tuner and they dyno dialed it in and car runs great now.

Hey everybody, hope all is well! Unfortunately my father passed last weekend and the only thing I had to be excited about was finishing my DSM to be able to drive it and experience the difference all the new parts made. Now it won't start. Turns over but wont idle. Here's what I did...
Changed headgasket and added ARP headstuds, installed a sheet metal intake manifold, S90 throttle body, FP HTA68 turbo, external wastegate, new equal length exhaust manifold, 850cc injectors, AEM Afpr, 255 fuel pump and finally, a new FMIC (600+HP rating). I've went in and changed the injector settings in ECMlink and anything else that needed it. Pretty sure everything is hooked back up properly and spark plugs gapped accordingly. Now it just won't start and kinda backfires a bit.
You can post a log for all to look at, it will give us more data.

I will double check all my connections and then start a long while I am trying to start it via link and then post it for you guys. As far as getting it tuned first, unfortunately I need to drive it there which is less than a mile so needless to say I need it to run first

You're on Speed Density? Was that a recent switch also? If so...
Go to MAF COMP and change MAF type to SD.
Under MISC, select disable air flow smoothing w SD
Under ECU Inputs, ECU side - change wideband to undefined. The setting you have now is for using your WB to simulate front O2.
Zero out your timing slider

Make sure you have spark and the wires on the coil goes to cylinders 4123 (left to right on coil pack)
The crank position connector wires should be Blue w yellow stripe, red and black. AC compressor plug wires are white, green, black so you're not confused.
Once you verify this and it still doesn't start, get some starting fluid or brake cleaner and spray some in your intake manifold from the brake booster port and see if it starts.

I'm not on speed density I'm still using the stock maf
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Swap the injector connector #1 and #2. And I don't see how you are hooking the coils and cables but if the engine still doesn't start, try to hook the spark plug cables 4123 <-> 3214. The timing belt side is the #1.

Last edited:
Swap the injector connector #1 and #2. And I don't see how you are hooking the coils and cables but if the engine still doesn't start, try to hook the spark plug cables 4123 <-> 3214. The timing belt side is the #1.

Good eye Hiroshi! That’s definitely wrong and the plug wires look off

I have to go back and look at your settings. Thought you had some sd settings.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back