The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Lots of electric problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goblin

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 11, 2002
Boise_Idaho
After installing my new exhaust I fired up the car to take if for a spin and I've got mad issues now.

The following things do not work:

Windows (sun roof works though.)
locks
seats
stereo

and when I turn on the head lights they don't turn off and the HORN comes on and doesn't turn off... until I pull the battery.

No blown fuses either.

:mad:

Hmmmm, you screwed something, if all you did was an exhaust job and now all this crap is happening. I would inspect everywhere that your hands went under that car. That is - check out around everyplace that the new exhaust parts are to see if you pinched, or burned, or accidentally broke a wire or plug connection. Retrace all your steps. That's the best advice that I can give without seeing it myself.
.....Hope that you get lucky and find the problem right away. Let us know!!!!!

I chopped my 2nd O2 sensor so all of the exposed wires were mashed together and I forgot to soder them back to the sensor...

I'm hoping that's what it is. I hope that is the circut that is screwed up. I just have to HOPE my car runs so I can get to work monday :mad: .

Yeah, the alternator fuse was toast, I don't know how I missed it, I looked right at it twice! I'm so pissed at myself :mad: .

I sodered the O2 sensor too, but haven't started up the car. I'm going to head to the store and get a new fuse.

I'll post when I'm at 100%

Thanks Redman, Laserblue

the check engine light should shut off after a couple of good trips, meaning the computer tests it to see if it is working after a warm up cycle usually. Or you could try the hack way and just unplug the battery for a couple hours so the computer gets reset.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back