The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Loss of power on heavy acceleration!! ### help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LongJonSilver

10+ Year Contributor
May 13, 2008
East Brunswick, New_Jersey
Alright I've searched and seen this problem before but I think mines unique. Im a bit new to the DSM world. So heres my problem, when i floor it my car will pull hard up to 4K/4500 mabe then will "hit a brick wall" and i hear loud popping sounds the rpms won't go any higher. However, if im halfway on the acceleratior i can go 7K+ in every gear. Now my car has no rev limiter and i have a evo8 fuel pump w/rewire kit (+supportin mods of course) now what could be my problem? I checked my pulgs/wires and theyre good and im almost 100% sure no boost leak because it will hold boost to whatever I set it to (15psi now). please help...

btw. full car specs are on my profile

Thanks

sorry I have just got this 1997 gst.the guy I got it from had misfire problems.
after the car wormed up it would start misfiring. I have changed out the plugs and now just misfires around 4k and. the check engine comes on. when I drop the rpms its fine again. was just trying to figure out it would be the coil pack or fuel.
also the guy put in 950 injectors and he put in a after market ecu. any info would be grate.

Old thread Laurence. Start a new one with your described problems and you will get more responses. :thumb:
Also, WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!! Always glad to have more members. Jump over to the newbie section and post up what you just said in your last post. If we keep this thread alive it might not get as much attention.
Marty

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back