The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Loss of engine power...weird problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SANiTaRiUM16

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 28, 2002
NY
hey guys, I have a 93 Eclipse GS with the 2.0 non-turbo engine. No mods yet all stock. My tranny was just rebuilt cause it was slipping and basically dead and there was no pick up. The problem im having is that sometimes (not always) ill step on the gas and it will get stuck at 3,000 rpms and go now higher. I punch it and it still stays at 3,000 rpms I let go of the gas and step on it again and it returns to normal. I never experienced this problem and have no idea what it could be. I had this even before the tranny was rebuilt. What could it be?

Take it apart and grease it and make sure it's not catching somwhere which it sounds like it is.

thanks for the reply rippingsx! i'm gonna check this out tomarrow just a quick question though. If its not this what else could it be? a leak of some sort???

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back