The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Loose wire

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rohitter7878

Proven Member
Mar 12, 2022
Greeley, Colorado
I was starting to work on my 95 gst and noticed this wire hanging and was connected to something some time.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Probably to the oil pressure gauge sending unit.
How does it go hooked up to it?

x2, I think I have a spare pigtail that fits the sending unit. Lmk if you need it
What does the pig tail look like?

So it's suppose to look like this and the small thin metal has a connector going to it?

No, you've already got that one hooked up, circled below. There's two different sensors on the oil filter housing, one for the oil pressure warning light (dummy light), and one for the oil pressure gauge. This one is for the oil pressure warning light.

@DSMPT has it circled in his post; that one is for the oil pressure gauge.

It’s almost a T-slotted clip that retains itself over the gauge sending unit fitting(circled in green per dsmpt’s post). Best pic I could find for now. The pigtail means it has the appropriate clip and enough wire in the harness to tap into your existing wire to complete the original circuit.

x2, I think I have a spare pigtail that fits the sending unit. Lmk if you need it
I'll take a pigtail

So I found this unit and am still wondering how that loose wire goes hooked to the unit

Thank you guys for your responses, I looked over the thread but alot of the pictures don't come up, so I'm still lose. Could one of you guys take a picture of yours on how the wire goes connected to the sending unit, that was I can figure out what kind of end piece I need to crimp to hook it back up. Thanks guys

I'm wanting to connect something new to it in the mean time but can't find anywhere of what the connector looks like.

Negative on the spare, I must’ve used it on on another car- although if you want to hook it up another way you can use this in the picture. Available at any hardware store, it will slide on but won’t have the retaining clip that the original connector had, so it may fall off while driving.

Negative on the spare, I must’ve used it on on another car- although if you want to hook it up another way you can use this in the picture. Available at any hardware store, it will slide on but won’t have the retaining clip that the original connector had, so it may fall off while driving.

OK I just have to improvise then ha..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back