The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

2G "Loose" window, driver side

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billko

Probationary Member
Sep 9, 2012
Apalachin, New_York
Hi, Everyone:

The window on the driver side of my 95 Eagle Talon has developed a very sloppy tolerance when going up and down. I can hear the power window engage and there is a small delay before the window starts to go down. If I let it go all the way down, it does the same thing coming back up, and it also binds for an instant at the same place. I can also move the window up and down a good 4 inches if I grab it and pull on it.

I saw one post where the poster mentioned that he had to pull it up by hand before the crank would engage, and I think my problem is the same. However, his was a passing comment and there was no reply.

I removed the panel but it looks like it is going to be very tough to get in there. Could somebody advise me on how to repair the window? I am afraid that it will progress until it becomes just like the post I read. Either that, or the mechanism will get destroyed, so repair is no longer an option and I will have to replace it.

Thanks for any kind of support you can give me.

Best Regards,

Bill

PS - I broke my door handle like about 10,000 other people here, but I can't seem to get my hands and tools in there to fix it. I hate to go somewhere to fix it because I know what to do, but I can't seem to manage it. Who do I take it to, a body shop? Thanks!

Yes a body shop or a local shop its not that difficult to fix i used some tools in my box to fix my handle on the car i just got.

Is it loose or does it even go up and down the track

It still goes up and down, but there is a ton of play. I can grab the window and move it up and down a good 4 inches or so. When the power window engages, you can feel it "pick up the slack" if it starts in the opposite direction than it was going when it stopped.

How did I miss this one? This is much better than the threads that I did find. It looked like you used a 1/4 inch drive to get at that bolt inside. I think that was my problem. The 1/2 inch drive + socket was just too big to fit in. You gave me reason to try it again. THANKS!!!

well yeah, its a tight squeeze in there man. tryin to do it with half inch drive ratchet and socket would be impossible. gotta use a"bit wrench" or like a snap on "mini mini" 1/4" drive ratchet. i find a 10mm "flex-head" gear wrench to be the best tool in there

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back