The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Loose gas pedal help!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cesarlcase

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 29, 2009
lynbrook, New_York
I've noticed for a while that my gas pedal has been really loose. Like I could literally floor the pedal behind a car and not worry till boost kicks in. It shakes left and right and tapping it lightly gives no power so I'm sure this is taking away from my acceleration. Pretty much I was wondering how to tighten this peddle so that it's stiffer. Please give some detailed information if your going to help. Thanks alot.

It's a very very simple apparatus. Go to the throttle body and take a look. Problems should be obvious. It's very much like a bicycle brake cable or similar.
theres an obvious track that the cable should be in, which it is, but it has to wrap around it? That is what i am confused ab, bc my cable has a good 2-3 inches of play and my pedal is basically resting on the floor. i cannot find any examples online.

theres an obvious track that the cable should be in, which it is, but it has to wrap around it? That is what i am confused ab, bc my cable has a good 2-3 inches of play and my pedal is basically resting on the floor. i cannot find any examples online.
it's just a cable in a sheath. The bracke is adjustable. You remove the slack with the bracket.
You'll see the naked cable wrapped around the throttle body. Post pictures of what you're seeing. There isn't much to go wrong.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back