The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Looking to join with '96 Talon TSI AWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BernieMP

Probationary Member
Aug 23, 2022
Queretaro, Texas
Hi everyone,

I came across an AWD Talon for about 3k USD while looking for an interesting car, the interior and exterior are very well taken care of, and the car is completely stock so that's the biggest plus. The electrical components; windows, mirrors, seats, sunroof, A/C all work.

The big issue is the AWD is disabled due to an issue, right now it drives only on FWD and the seller either doesn't know or won't tell me what the issue is so I'm blind untill I can have that checked.

The engine also sounds pretty bad, it doesn't really rattle but it sounds like an unhealthy whirrrr.

He sent me pictures of the undercarriage but it looks recently power washed so I suspect bad oil leaks, also the exhaust looks pretty rusted

What I'd like to know is what kind of issue could the AWD, does the exhaust look good or is it too rusted, and (once I post a video) what you think about the engine noise.

I don't know too much about working on cars aside from a very basic experience working as a shop hand about 8-9 years ago when I was 19, but I'm stubborn as hell and willing to work on this car myself when possible.

I'd like to get your opinions on the car and learn as much as I can from you guys, I hope to be an official part of the community soon

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That could take out a center dif and viscous coupler, couldn't it, if mismatched??

And a shifter for manual transmission but has a rear end for automatic transmission? Maybe who is selling this car is not telling you all history.
Well, now it's clear they aren't, I looked the VIN up and it's originally an auto. Talk about a lemon, dude is just trying to offload a bad decision

You asked this on reddit too right? I answered over there. For 4k theres a black one that its in much better condition than this in Puebla, if you want the link PM me. I dont know the guy that its selling it but if you're in Queretaro its only a 4 hour drive to check the car and the papers.

I'd honestly pass on this one for 3.5k. Maybe 2k if it doesnt owe any taxes.

Looks like a pretty darn nice car besides the obvious misinformation the previous owner told u. But ur here now and wanting to learn good for you.

So if u wanted it to be a manual awd. You would need a new rear end for sure
You should fill out a vehicle profile > http://www.dsmtuners.com/dsm-profiles/

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back