The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Looking to install NOS on Turbo 420A

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inkdlyfe

Proven Member
Feb 23, 2016
Summer feild, Florida
I'm currently working on doing a full engine rebuild but I happen to come across a nitrous express system for a really good deal. Full system plus 2 full tanks ONLY 350$. Brand new in box. Well I never stepped into this world so it's all new to me... motor is boosted with built internals. Head > crower stage 2 cams, bc valves and springs, gt 35r turbo with obs mani. Block > 8.8.1 .050 over size pistons by Wisco, eagle I beam rods, kings bearings with stock crank. Would this set up be ok for a small shot ? I dont plan on doing no 100 shot just some fun and show. Anything I need to look out for ? And make sure to do right?. This is a 420a application not 4g

Also stock intake and TB... also as of the tune I'm not sure what route imma take.. might stick aem or go ms.. not sure yet

Last edited by a moderator:
In case you don't know, on a turbo'd car a 50 shot will add more that 50hp because of the cooling effect on the charged air.
On a NA 420a, a 50 shot adds like 35hp at the wheels.
You can spray to get the turbo spooled up fast. If your want to use it while your already spooled instead, you don't want it to hit all at once, it will cause you to overboost. Also if using while spooled, depending on what size wastegate your running and how much boost, you might need a larger wastegate to deal with the increased exhaust flow.
For engine management, id go with a standalone ecu with nitrous control.
You need to know W TF your doing to get it dialed in. So make sure you find a tuner that is experienced with tuning nitrous on a turbo car.

Last edited:
come on now, everybody knows there are only 2 thing you gotta worry about with NOS

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

What about a simple like 30 shot on 21 lbs of boost? My max boost I seen with this set up was 28 lbs but I'm pretty sure that was a over boost ...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back