The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

looking for the Saskatchewan DSM'S

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a HX-35 but I want to use it eventually haha how'd you manage to blow one?

Ugh, yeah, I think my oil pressure got of whack bringing it to redline. Need to hookup a oil gauge and make sure my pressure is good.

ECMLink should be straight forward, is your laptop good for it? Did the usb drivers get installed properly?

I got a new one from Nick in Ottawa.

You got a new HX35 from ottawa? I was going to say hit up the sasktuners FB bet some one would have had one. Hope you get her all sorted before its time to put the 2g away!
I'm just going to uninstall ECMlink from my laptop and reinstall it....usually something stupid easy like that fixes it.

mine cuts out every once in a while on the 1g. Just gotta pull the connector from the obd2 port and plug it in again. Sometimes takes a few tries but eventually itll connect. Sometimes I just push the cable into the port as its connecting to make sure, but that just might be my paranoia, but it seems to help.

I tried connecting and unconnecting multiple times. Just uninstalled everything and reinstalled link this morning problem solved. Think Andrews guess about the drivers was right. Connected to the ecu soon as i ran ecmlink on the laptop.

Anyone interested in my VR-4? Considering selling it, it needs some work, specifically body/paint and suspension but the exhaust and driveshaft is worth $3000 alone. I may keep it to keep the drivetrain to eventually get another 3S but I would rather not have it sit.

Ok guys I need a little help here.
Haven't been able to finish my engine break in because my A/F ratio's are crazy lean at idle (16.0-16.7) drove it a little too and had no power. I knew I had boost leaks so I went over everything this weekend and boy did I have boost leaks! I fixed all but one tiny one on the boost sensor that only leaks at 10psi and went over my hack job intake making sure it wasn't pulling unmeasured air but the A/F ratio's are still stupid at idle (haven't changed at all). Really stumped here I've looked for another 4 hours with no success in finding another leak, the air just flows out my VC breathers. I'm going to try re-calibrating the wideband sensor next to see if it was just out of wack or something but I'm doubtful. I've been playing with the idea of swapping back to the factory smic and intake but I don't know how to change the maf type in ecmlink. I figure then at lest I'd see if my A/F went back to normal.
All this started with installing Ecmlink and my FMIC, the car ran very good on the stock ecu and smic. I haven't changed any of the perimeters ecmtuning installed on my ecmlink setup (set for 450cc injectors and 2g maf)
Anyone willing to come help me out or something?

Last edited:
Just went for another boot and Ecmlink showing my AFRatioEst is 14.6-14.8, yet my wideband gauge is showing 16.8......little confused at so which I should be listening to. Engines missing occasionally and backfiring a little.
Took a log to up load but forgot to save it then my laptop died...

Last edited:
Exhaust leaks will throw off your wideband as well. I am assuming you are using an AEM Wideband as well? If so, it has been documented that sometimes they have offsets like you are describing. The DSMLink wiki site has instructions on how to calibrate if it is an AEM you are running.

all I can add is the AFRest in Link shouldn't be trusted as accurate, cause like it says, it'd an estimate.

is your wideband in the stock location? and are you using it to give wideband and narrowband signals?

lastly, usually with Link you have to edit your MAF stuff, and I can't remember if you're running stock injectors but adjusting them makes a difference at idle.

that's off the top of my head, been a long time since I did any tuning stuff.

Anybody know where I can get a 2g crash beam? Would like to put one back in my Spyder.

Im running a innovate mtx-l, i dont have any exhaust leaks ive checked and all my gaskets are new. I have the wideband in stock location with the correct wire spliced to the ecu pin.
Injectors are stock. I should be home tonight so i'll take a log and post it.

Ok so I think i found a potential problem....I'm reading through ecmlink wiki and came across base fuel pressures supposed to be 43.5 psi? Just ran across it in the "MAFT calibration by logged WB02" segment...i wasnt aware i had to change it from the 1g 37 psi. Or do i have it all wrong?

No, for your setup you would select the 2g maf in the MAF options box, specify what your base fuel pressure is in the fuel tab (keep it stock 1g pressure). You wouldnt run the MAFT comp since you are not running a maf translator. DSMLink should be able to recognize the 2g maf when you set it.

Amigos has several 2gs in stock or you could contact Dallas of sask tuners fb page

If any of you Saskatoon folks are out at amigos and see a good condition crash beam and feel like picking one up for me, I would really appreciate it!

Theres been a few 2gs at bucks for a while. Im sure they would be cheapest option

I need to buy a new laptop by the looks of it mine conked out. I pulled the intake setup off my car today to pressure tested everything in sections, I'm completely boost leak free until the intake mani. I pressurised it up to 20 psi and it was down to zero with in 30 seconds yet I cant even hear a leak. So I'm tearing my intake and everything off to see if I can find absolutely anything, hopefully after that it'll hold pressure for at lest a minute or 2 like my old engine did.
Theres been a few 2gs at bucks for a while. Im sure they would be cheapest option
Did you seen any 1g's by chance?

If any of you Saskatoon folks are out at amigos and see a good condition crash beam and feel like picking one up for me, I would really appreciate it!
Which one are you needing? front or rear? I wont take my new car on gravel but affiliated has a minty 2ga awd in they're yard that has both bumpers still on it.

No 1gs, if there was id let you know. (After ive picked all i want from it of course)

Well, I would need the front, but just give me a heads up. Apparently bucks Regina has a sebring, and checking part numbers they use the same crash beam haha. Ill let you know though, thanks for the offer!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back