The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

looking for the Saskatchewan DSM'S

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

They charged me 172.50 for the spark plug wires... I am going to try and give them back or something. That is ridiculous.

I like the Owl, I'm fine with that! so i got the new revised IAC from a junk car for $5, pretty good concidering it's like a $500 part new. So i went to put on my TB and while bolting it up and bolt went right through my Intake Manifold :O. So I pulled that off and going to get one from bucks tomorrow! Car's going to be pretty much replaced by the time I'm done!

I still hate you guys and your all being bar age.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2g-DSM-4g63-Head-Mitsubishi-Eclipse-GSX-GST-Eagle-Talon_W0QQitemZ290309210246QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item290309210246&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1171|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Check this out and tell me if you think itd be worth it....I dont know shipping costs yet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2g-DSM-4g63-Head-Mitsubishi-Eclipse-GSX-GST-Eagle-Talon_W0QQitemZ290309210246QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item290309210246&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1171|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Check this out and tell me if you think itd be worth it....I dont know shipping costs yet.

The price seens okay. I wouldn't trust it being put together properly. If you pick it up I would advise having a close look and then put it back together. I am guessing your head is probably okay, but you need to replace your valves most likely and while you are at it you may as well do a few other things while your in there. Have you pulled the head off to see the damage at all? If you have a garage it might be an opportunity to get your feet wet.

#### talk about robbery...Dealship wants 11.5 hours of labour for the head INSTALL...

I am not sure what all they are doing, but if they are doing head inpsection, putting the head all back together and a t-belt replacement that seems about right for time. The problem with mits is their shop rate is higher than others, but they will do it right. I wouldn't trust a lot of shops to work on these cars, to be honest in Regina only mits for stock, sheldon for performance stuff. Do you know if your piston(s) are okay and if you need to hone? That will be more cost so hopefully that is okay.

I am not sure what all they are doing, but if they are doing head inpsection, putting the head all back together and a t-belt replacement that seems about right for time. The problem with mits is their shop rate is higher than others, but they will do it right. I wouldn't trust a lot of shops to work on these cars, to be honest in Regina only mits for stock, sheldon for performance stuff. Do you know if your piston(s) are okay and if you need to hone? That will be more cost so hopefully that is okay.

Shouldn't his pistons be alright Dean? I thought the worst that could happen would be a slight "dent" in the piston but nothing serious enough to actually rebuild the bottom end.

Or are you just reffering to the prior condition of his block?

And Scott, I think it would be easiest if you could just find a complete used engine and just swap that one in. Less headaches in the long run, but regardless I would still change alot of gaskets and things while the motor is out.

Ok so everyone who is in make a list so I can get a headcount.
1.Scott (godless)
2.Garret (greddy_1700)
etc

O and ill probably put bring a mitsu badge or something to people know which table is ours:p

Well I'm in... so; Scott, Garret, Matt, and myself (Roland) so far.... Gotta love this rain. took an intake manifold off a 89 sonata yesterday . Poured out good while I was doing that! oh I need a intake manifold gasket. I was thinking to use the old one since it's in good shape and maybe a little copper RTV, any idea's?

The price seens okay. I wouldn't trust it being put together properly. If you pick it up I would advise having a close look and then put it back together. I am guessing your head is probably okay, but you need to replace your valves most likely and while you are at it you may as well do a few other things while your in there. Have you pulled the head off to see the damage at all? If you have a garage it might be an opportunity to get your feet wet.

The problem is my old head has blown too so i need a replacement...quick

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back