The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

looking for the Saskatchewan DSM'S

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorry guys, I have been out visiting family all weekend, so I guess its time to answer a few questions:

The heads are not the same from 6-bolt to 7-bolt.

I use 2 quarts Redline MT90 and the rest Redline MTL in the tranny, and Redline shockproof heavy in the diff, and either Redline shockproof heavy or light in the T-case. Purchase it through Queen City Performance, but I perfer Precision Automotive on McKay I believe. As far as the motor it depends if you use Synthetic or regular oil, if synthetic I love Redline oils, if not then just go with Castrol. As far as weight goes thats totally up to you, you should be fine with a 10w30, but if its blowing oil maybe its time to move to a 10w40.

Cypress we can do the meets whenever I guess, we could also just do a get-together meet for a beer or something one of these times, that way even those of us without a running car at the moment can still feel included.

Roly, your TPS is gone, possibly your ISC, but most likely the TPS. Replace that and you will be fine. You could try and find one at Bucks because all 1g's (turbo and non turbo 4g63's) use the same TPS, infact I might have a spare, I will check tomorrow. Also, check where your T-case is leaking from because the 1g transfer cases usually leak from a small seal inside the female part of the yolk attached to the driveshaft. There is a small brass seal in there that usually leaks. Look on VFAQ for an RTV fix method.

Im down for going out for a beer sometime. I get my car back tomorrow. And Im gone may long for sure so I wouldnt be able to do anything then

it's leaking from the input bar I'm pretty sure... I'm going to fix my idle problem and take her for a rip to see if she is leaking after that. I overfilled her a little, that's probably why.

Ahh yes, Dean is right. It is possible to do, I just knew there were some modifications needed and I honestly thought there was alot more to it than just that. However, I know someone with a spare 7-bolt motor, I will ask him how the head is today and get back to you.

I hate you all. I'm the only one who can't make it for a beer. Stupid having to be 19 to drink in saskatchewan.

Ok, well we can go out for beer and pepsi :p

And Scott, his head isn't in much better shape either. Man, maybe just do a stock rebuild for the time being, just to get it back on the road, and if you want you could buy this old motor off him for cheap and start building it up as you have money/time?

Just a thought man.

I am always at boston pizza in the east, then my friends and I just go to whichever bar. It used to always be ohanlins but lately we have been going to random places

Hey Garret, any news on when that stuff from from map is coming in?

I am still waiting for Chris to ship it out, apparently he is waiting on my Tial BOV to come in, hopefully it gets in and shipped out today so that I can get the stuff by friday (I hope).

I got my car back today, and it was in way rougher shape than I had thought. The headgasket was cracked where the oil gets sent up to the camshafts, so it was leaking outside of the engine. The balance shaft belt was in pretty rough shape, along with the spark plugs.

I looked at the plugs that were in the car and they were NGK bpr7es, so they changed the plugs and the wires.

Oh, so do you still want those NGK plug wires I have on order for you? MAP is going to ship the order out today so I need to know pretty quick.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back