The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

looking for the Saskatchewan DSM'S

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nope, Anyone got a code reader? Got the car outta the back yard and it's really laggy doesn't like throttle until it starts building boost. Any one got any suggestions?

Nope, Anyone got a code reader? Got the car outta the back yard and it's really laggy doesn't like throttle until it starts building boost. Any one got any suggestions?

My car did that too, when it was really cold in winter. It just stopped on its own so I just didn't worry about it. Yours could be something else though, who knows.

My car is supper messed up now. I pulled up to my hose and there was like white smoke coming from the engine, and it was idling horrible so I put it in my garage and checked the oil and it was at the bottom mark. There was a lot of oil on the outside of the engine it seemed.

That'd be awesome man. And it spools funny too. It doesn't sound the same.

well vanin nice to see your working on getting yours out..... mine fell flat on its face like 20 minutes ago after driving home..... can you say no shifting into any gears at all still got some clutch but not alot of play on the pedal

It's out man. It's just throwin a code and I don't have a code reader so I can't even check it.

Oh and i found that able transmision is able to get the shaft out of the tcase, if it's wrecked who knows gotta wait for a couple hours before i go back. After that i can slap everything back in and wait for my bearing for my tcase which will be about a week.

Finally got my income tax return, so I can order all the parts I need for the swap. As long as the weather stays nice i'm hopin to be able to pull out the 93 talon on easter weekend, then i can rip around in that until i get the 91 all prepped for the swap. Im tryin to get the 91 awd all done by mid to end of may. So much work left to do. LOL

what kind of swap are you doing?

As for my car I blew my head gasket and brought it to my friends dad's garage. They want $1700 to fix it along with putting in a new timing belt.... What do you guys suggest I do? I have a 95 tsi awd parts car with a motor/turbo/and transmission in really good condition with just over 100,000kms on it. But it is an hour out of town and I honestly don't have ANY time at all.

Of course my parents are pushing me to fix it, sell the car, and buy a truck now that i have a bike.

what kind of swap are you doing?

As for my car I blew my head gasket and brought it to my friends dad's garage. They want $1700 to fix it along with putting in a new timing belt.... What do you guys suggest I do? I have a 95 tsi awd parts car with a motor/turbo/and transmission in really good condition with just over 100,000kms on it. But it is an hour out of town and I honestly don't have ANY time at all.

Of course my parents are pushing me to fix it, sell the car, and buy a truck now that i have a bike.

#### that LOL. I've done a 2g headgasket and timing belt before Lyndon, we could totally tackle that job.

yeah I want to do it myself but I work weekends, and 4-9 every night so I don't know when I would find time to do it

No, there is no oil in the coolant but I didn't get a chance to check the oil.

And I checked my turbo for shaft play and there was no in/out and maybe a milimeter or two of side to side

No one that I can think of off the top of my head... I only have the 1 transmission but am still on the hunt. I will let you know if I find something soon.

And Lyndon, the turbo shaftplay sounds pretty normal to me. Sad thing is you work like the exact opposite hours of me right now haha. Maybe Easter weekend would be a good time to get it done?

Bwahaha I am the Regina area DSM mechanic apparently. Shoot me a PM man, I'm sure we can work something out. (I ghetto fabbed mine, but it worked haha)

Bwahaha I am the Regina area DSM mechanic apparently. Shoot me a PM man, I'm sure we can work something out. (I ghetto fabbed mine, but it worked haha)

hahhaha you should open up your own dsm garage. With everything that goes wrong with the few of us you'd make good money haha.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back