The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

looking for someone who knows wiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig1970

Proven Member
Sep 9, 2016
Warren, Rhode_Island
ok so i am trying to figure out the wiring in my car seeing as the guy i had brought it too couldn't do it , according to him the previous owner had tried to hide the fuse box and some on the harness got ripped up by the axle. Now i am no expert but i can do some electrical (mostly home) and stereo but this i am not sure of some of the wires are not matching up (i am gonna try to post pics) dark green to a green with stripe and others . so the question is is there any reason for this to be like this ? maybe someone tried to bypass something ? or should i try to reconnect the wires to the correct ones ?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Try to look up some wiring diagrams online and start there. You will be able to see which wires go where by their colors. Then you can determine if something was deleted and if it's necessary. I found the factory service manual is the best tool for wiring issues.

Hey there, so looking at the pictures I can tell you that the different colored wires are aftermarket and whomever was doing the fuse box relocation was probably extending the wires to reach where they wanted, or fix the broken ones. The hard part is going to be matching up the wires from one thing to the other. Your best bet is going to be get a good meter that will read continuity and beep when you are on the correct wires from one end to the other. Hope that makes sense to you. YouTube has videos of how to check it. The electrical diagrams on this site are a life saver as well. Click on Forums and then scroll down to Documents and Manuals and the electrical manuals are there. Other than being there to help and look at everything in person, you are pretty much on your own for doing all the work. Remember to properly SOLDER and cover (shrink wrap or tape) all your connections and get rid of those garbage plastic connectors. Home depot sells Weller solder guns and shrink wrap. Trust me, its worth every penny to have a solid connection and not chase more problems later from poor crimps on those plastic ones.

ok i do not have a meter (guess i will have to pick one up) also as i have done radio installations i have always soldered my connections and have used shrink wrapping so that wont be a problem and thank you i will look up and hopefully find what i need

I agree that the wiring diagrams are essential, but they are rather daunting to get accustomed to for a bit. The factory service manual for electrical really has a good summary on how to read all the connectors, grounds, and what not, but I find it still hard to grasp, especially if you’re tracing backwards ( like from a certain end-component) vs. starting at the battery or big fuse, and working forward. I wish I knew of a good training guide for Auto technicians to learn from, but haven’t run across one yet. Perhaps others know of one. The Dsm wiring manual is available for download in the maintenance section on this site.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back