The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Looking for puller fan recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mantega4g63

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 15, 2012
Charlotte, North_Carolina
First off before WHY U NO GOOGLE/SEARCH, I've searched google and this forum numerous times for "best fan shroud dsm" "best fan dsm" etc etc, all I find is outdated threads with part numbers for flex a lite fans that don't even exist on their website anymore. Every other post is get a mishimoto fan shroud, some people love them and some people swear up and down they're absolute trash. Flex a lite seems to be a favorite as well, I'm looking for at least 1500+ cfm and look forward to running dual fans. My setup is a cx racing radiator, fitment won't really be an issue because I use the stock manifold and fmic shouldn't be in the way. My fans now are crappy advance auto fans and they've ceased to work.

Shroud seems to be a very good path, so I'm interested in anything with a shroud but what do you guys recommend? Again don't post "i have this fan and heres the part number", with some part number that doesn't even exist on the fal site :confused:

Get a single Syclone fan install it on the passenger side of the radiator, it will pull more than enough air for your car. Its something like 2100cfm. Moves a hell of allot of air. Its big though and requires it to be mounted on the passenger side of the radiator.

Everyone likes to spend little money on stuff like this and then it doesn't work or breaks and they buy another when they can do it right the first time. So if you want to do right the first time get this guy. I had it and LOVED IT.

F-A-L PULLER SHROUDED FANS | 123

Get a single Syclone fan install it on the passenger side of the radiator, it will pull more than enough air for your car. Its something like 2100cfm. Moves a hell of allot of air. Its big though and requires it to be mounted on the passenger side of the radiator.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If fitment isn't an issue, why not mount the stock fans on the CX radiator? There's a write up on how to do so and it look every easy. Not to mention they flow at 1600 CFM, which is typically higher than aftermarket slim fans.

As for one fan cooling the engine, I used only the stock engine fan for an entire summer with no issues. The stock slim fan is only for AC or very high temps. Aftermarket fans are usually wired together because, like I mentioned, they typically flow less than stock fans.

If you have room I'd go with OEM, if you need a low profile I'd go with Hayden. Hayden is a supplier to many OEM's and the design and testing that's required for OEM is significant and translates to after-market. I had Mishimoto fans mounted to their shroud and the legs of the grill that supports the motor began to break away from the circuilar housing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back