The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved Looking for part number for 99 Spyder GS 2.4 IAC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexr254

Proven Member
Jun 18, 2021
Palm Coast, Florida
Anyone know the part number for the idle air control valve for a 99 Spyder GS 2.4?
I cant find one online. And ive been searching like crazy. Also took the old one off and there are no part numbers on it.

I found the entire assembly MD628046. But i don't need the entire assembly I just need a replacement valve. That's nuts if i need to dish out that much for the entire assembly just to get the valve. Just not worth it at that point.

Last edited:
Solution
Sorry I was looking at the 2.0 turbo. Yes the 2.4 is your MD628046 and it only comes as the entire thing.

Because you can't replace just the FIAV itself without replacing the entire pricey assembly, some people just close it off so they don't get idle surge or other problems when the FIAV is bad. The tradeoff then is while cold it's not going stay running easily without you pressing on the accelerator pedal until warmer.
Here's two links about FIAV close off (not sure if these are 1g or 2g FIAV):
and:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Sorry I was looking at the 2.0 turbo. Yes the 2.4 is your MD628046 and it only comes as the entire thing.

Because you can't replace just the FIAV itself without replacing the entire pricey assembly, some people just close it off so they don't get idle surge or other problems when the FIAV is bad. The tradeoff then is while cold it's not going stay running easily without you pressing on the accelerator pedal until warmer.
Here's two links about FIAV close off (not sure if these are 1g or 2g FIAV):
and:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Solution
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back