The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Looking for my old 1990 Talon TSi AWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

An auto trans rebuild will run between 2k-3k if that is what it is needing. I just had one done myself (THANKS @Darren Thomas Racing). Oh, and you will be waiting for a couple months of backlog if that service is needed. Just FYI.

Last edited:
An auto trans rebuild will run between 2k-3k if that is what it is needing. I just had one done myself (THANKS @Darren Thomas Racing). Oh, and you will be waiting for a couple months of backlog if that service is needed. Just FYI.

I would have it taken to a friend's place in Iowa who can fix it. Would run my a little less than average.

After he told me that he has a local guy interested in it, and that he'd let me know if he backed out, he then posted a new ad looking for an auto trans. So I messaged him asking if the local guy backed out or not. Haven't heard back and I'm about done with it.

Well good luck on the transmission for HIM. Maybe for you, you can get a better deal. If that car doesn't DRIVE, he will have a harder time "pedeling" it to someone else. :thumb:

An auto trans rebuild will run between 2k-3k
For a stock rebuild? That's insane! I've never had to pay anyone to rebuild a trans and played with them myself. I guess that makes sense though. I've cracked the case on one auto and there MANY parts to it.

Wasn't a stock rebuild. Was a DTR rebuild. I went with the best I could with all the "options" too :thumb:
A stock rebuild ran me 1200 with me taking the trans to the man, then when I got it in, 1st and 2nd were "sloppy loose" so...….I went with a tried and true rebuilder and dam glad I did. Now to get it in the car...….so many things to do!!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back