The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Looking for my old 1990 Talon TSi AWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMxTSi

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 26, 2003
Orlando, Florida
I would love to find my old Talon. It was a '90 AWD and 5 spd. Blue with silver bottom, cloth interior, and was in great condition with only 54k miles when I sold it in 2006 to a friend in northwest Arkansas. He then had the bank repo the car a year or two later, and I believe the head and ECU were pulled out that time. It had a Mitsu TD06 20G, Buschur fmic, GM Maf Translator, HKS 264 cams, Crane or MDS ignition, Buschur exhaust, block had Wiseco pistons and the stock rods, plus the other typical supporting mods. Wheels were OZ six spoke as pictured in my avatar. Unfortunately due to the bank having it in non-running condition I'm afraid of what may have happened to it. So I'm sure this is a long shot but I figure this is the best place for any possibility. Please respond here or send a PM if you know or have any info. Thank you

I am in the vicinity of that car and have not seen it since I got involved in them. I always look for 1g's and 90's as you can see, I have a couple.
I am afraid that what you fear is the fate that it became but I hope not!

I would love to find my old Talon. It was a '90 AWD and 5 spd. Blue with silver bottom, cloth interior, and was in great condition with only 54k miles when I sold it in 2006 to a friend in northwest Arkansas. He then had the bank repo the car a year or two later, and I believe the head and ECU were pulled out that time. It had a Mitsu TD06 20G, Buschur fmic, GM Maf Translator, HKS 264 cams, Crane or MDS ignition, Buschur exhaust, block had Wiseco pistons and the stock rods, plus the other typical supporting mods. Wheels were OZ six spoke as pictured in my avatar. Unfortunately due to the bank having it in non-running condition I'm afraid of what may have happened to it. So I'm sure this is a long shot but I figure this is the best place for any possibility. Please respond here or send a PM if you know or have any info. Thank you
I don't know where it is but I know this car. Older guy had it if I recall. That pictures dates back to MDSOG days. If you don't have the history on it I may have an old MDSOG newsletter. I know I've seen that pic though 25 years ago or more

Hi Paul, I think we've spoken in the past before. Yes, the older guy you're probably thinking of was the original owner. He took that picture in the 90s. It's a great picture so I've hung on to it. I bought it from him in either 99 or 2000 and rebuilt the bottom end. I went through a divorce mid 2000s and sadly sold it. Then my dumbass friend had it repossessed when I lived out of town. I wish he would've told me about it sooner as I likely would have bought it back from him.

Your best bet is to post up on an Arkansas Facebook group.
I had asked around on the local fb page and the SW Missouri page. No luck.

I am in the vicinity of that car and have not seen it since I got involved in them. I always look for 1g's and 90's as you can see, I have a couple.
I am afraid that what you fear is the fate that it became but I hope not!
You're the closest I've heard of it! Hopefully you can run across it again. It wouldn't surprise me if it ended up around the KC area as I'm sure the bank sent it to an auction nearby.

Nice stable you got there btw. I want a 1Ga again so bad. There's a black 91 AWD Talon in your area for sale, automatic and pretty well stock but has a shifting issue. I'm seriously considering it to build a track car so I keep my 2G as a fun street car.

I don't know the guy personally but I think I saw the car at the shootout in 98.
That was likely the last year he was at the shootout before I bought it. He had run some sort of nitro gas additive in it, which I believe is why the oil rings were shot when I got it. That led me to pulling the block out and rebuilding it.

You're the closest I've heard of it! Hopefully you can run across it again. It wouldn't surprise me if it ended up around the KC area as I'm sure the bank sent it to an auction nearby.

Nice stable you got there btw. I want a 1Ga again so bad. There's a black 91 AWD Talon in your area for sale, automatic and pretty well stock but has a shifting issue. I'm seriously considering it to build a track car so I keep my 2G as a fun street car.

That car is 30 mins from me, grew up in Blue Springs

You know if the owner would like to sell it? What condition is it in?
Are we talking about the same car? Black, automatic, runs and drives but has trans issues for $3500?

I only know about it due to the for sale ad on the Facebook groups. Seems some folks are having issues getting in contact with him.

If you do manage to get ahold of the guy, I'd gladly go look it over before you purchased.

Are we talking about the same car? Black, automatic, runs and drives but has trans issues for $3500?

I only know about it due to the for sale ad on the Facebook groups. Seems some folks are having issues getting in contact with him.

If you do manage to get ahold of the guy, I'd gladly go look it over before you purchased.
Sorry, no that's a different car. I mentioned it above but he hasn't responded. My old Talon is a 1990 AWD blue with silver bottom as pictured in my avatar.

Prices are on the rise.....I drove to Springfield Mo, paid $2300 and drove my '92 6/4 auto car home. Boy I am glad I jumped on that deal when I first spotted it on CL SEK.

Prices are on the rise.....I drove to Springfield Mo, paid $2300 and drove my '92 6/4 auto car home. Boy I am glad I jumped on that deal when I first spotted it on CL SEK.
Yes they definitely are on the rise. The black auto 91 in Blue Springs appears to be a good deal but the guy doesn't respond to PMs or comments on his ad post. So I've basically given up on it. Looks you got a great deal on yours for $2300!

It was back in 2017 (I didn't realize it had been that long). I keep my White 90 GSX stock(ish) as a DD and my other 2 (the red 90 Talon and the blue 92 Talon) are both WW cars now. Nice to have my choice. They seem to find ME, I don't really go out looking for them. I acquired the White 90 GSX because the kid didn't know how to work on it and knew that I did so he offered it up to me...…$1600 :thumb: and threw in the timing belt and all the stuff for a timing job, which I did immediately as the tensioner was making a lot of noise and the car was already 1 tooth off on timing (and the CAS was in 180* out).

It was back in 2017 (I didn't realize it had been that long). I keep my White 90 GSX stock(ish) as a DD and my other 2 (the red 90 Talon and the blue 92 Talon) are both WW cars now. Nice to have my choice. They seem to find ME, I don't really go out looking for them. I acquired the White 90 GSX because the kid didn't know how to work on it and knew that I did so he offered it up to me...…$1600 :thumb: and threw in the timing belt and all the stuff for a timing job, which I did immediately as the tensioner was making a lot of noise and the car was already 1 tooth off on timing (and the CAS was in 180* out).
Wow, you definitely saved the white one. I had a few back in the day that came to me, but they are hard to find now. Plus I get tired of dealing with most people over fb, they always don't respond or when you ask for pics they flake out. I was trying to find a t-case for my 2G over the past year and ended up taking it to my friend in Iowa to rebuild it. A lot of people apparently don't the difference between early t-cases and the late 2Gs. So when I describe how to check it I never hear back. It's so frustrating.

Oh I have quite an inventory of parts to Cody. Mostly 1g stuff of course for me, but I think inventory is over 450 parts now.

Oh I have quite an inventory of parts to Cody. Mostly 1g stuff of course for me, but I think inventory is over 450 parts now.
Nice, parts are good to hang onto nowadays. I'm keeping everything that comes off my 2g. If I ever find a 1g and need parts I may hit you up haha!

Plus I get tired of dealing with most people over fb, they always don't respond or when you ask for pics they flake out.
Man, when I was looking at DSM's to buy before I got my Talon, this was literally the story of my life. I feel like FB should do a better job of getting sellers to respond, or just weeding out the bots and scammers.

Man, when I was looking at DSM's to buy before I got my Talon, this was literally the story of my life. I feel like FB should do a better job of getting sellers to respond, or just weeding out the bots and scammers.
I hear ya. Or just bypass fb and let the serious DSMers post here, which may be partially the case anyway. I'm pleasantly surprised this post has as many replies as it does, and it's just a shot in the dark to find my old Talon.

Hey, we are all trying to run it down, like a little family :thumb:
This forum has been a real fun deal for me. I never even heard of a "Eagle Talon" or "DSM" before 2013, I was a full blown CHEVY guy. I got the red car given to me (for the price my son paid) after the turbo went out on it, about 2 weeks after it came to him. I am so glad that happened or I wouldn't be here, chatting with friends that I don't even know but consider friends. How I came to be a Moderator, I don't know, but was very excited and thankful to say "Yes". :)

Hey, we are all trying to run it down, like a little family :thumb:
This forum has been a real fun deal for me. I never even heard of a "Eagle Talon" or "DSM" before 2013, I was a full blown CHEVY guy. I got the red car given to me (for the price my son paid) after the turbo went out on it, about 2 weeks after it came to him. I am so glad that happened or I wouldn't be here, chatting with friends that I don't even know but consider friends. How I came to be a Moderator, I don't know, but was very excited and thankful to say "Yes". :)
We are a little but mighty family! Glad to have you aboard. I've been around DSMs since the early 90s when I had a Mustang, but wanted a Talon since the first one I saw in late '89. A couple of my buddies were modding and street racing their Talons early on then I got my first one in '96. I've had several over the years but the one I regret selling the most is the '90 I want to hunt down again. I'm afraid it's in bad condition though and would pass on it if that's the case.

Well if another 90 comes my way, I will let you know. My herd is full ;)

Well the guy with the black 91 auto responded to me. He has a local guy interested in the car but if he backs out then he'll let me know. Keeping my fingers crossed on it! He's come down to $3500 due to the transmission issue.

Well the guy with the black 91 auto responded to me. He has a local guy interested in the car but if he backs out then he'll let me know. Keeping my fingers crossed on it! He's come down to $3500 due to the transmission issue.
He went UP from $2500 FYI. People on Facebook were telling him to go up on price......

He went UP from $2500 FYI. People on Facebook were telling him to go up on price......
Where did you see that? The original post I saw on FB DSM Tuners had it listed at $5300. Then yesterday he posted a new ad saying he hasn't had the transmission looked at yet, and the price was now $3500. I never saw $2500 but maybe it was at another page.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back