The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mishi_mind

Probationary Member
Apr 9, 2021
Spokane valley, Washington
Hello,
I have a 98 eclipse. I believe I bent a rod or f***ed up a piston. I bought this car for a daily driver until I can fix it up and make a fun project out of it. It’s a manual. I’m looking for someone who has a bit more experience in this area. I’m no mechanic, I generally do all my own maintenance on my rigs. The girl friend decided to drive it for a few days while I worked on her car and didn’t tell me it was out of oil or making a funny noise. If someone could come help me look at it and diagnose it that would be awesome! I’m willing to pay for your time also!

Hello,
I have a 98 eclipse. I believe I bent a rod or f***ed up a piston. I bought this car for a daily driver until I can fix it up and make a fun project out of it. It’s a manual. I’m looking for someone who has a bit more experience in this area. I’m no mechanic, I generally do all my own maintenance on my rigs. The girl friend decided to drive it for a few days while I worked on her car and didn’t tell me it was out of oil or making a funny noise. If someone could come help me look at it and diagnose it that would be awesome! I’m willing to pay for your time also!
I doubt you have bent rods or damaged pistons. But you may have some bearing damage. Either way, that's irrelevant and subsiding to the fact that your engine will likely need to be rebuilt. If you decided to do this job yourself I think you would find this website to be a huge helping hand since it's been a resource for others for a very long time.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back