The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Looking for Garrett Turbo Blanket

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyger1

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 10, 2005
Clovis, New_Mexico
I have a Hahn Racecraft Super 16g turbo kit with an internal wastegate and I am looking for a garrett turbo blanket to help keep the heat away from my flex-a-lite fan and keep under hood temps down a bit anyone know where i can find one available? here is a picture of what i am looking for

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

cool idea, doesn't look ghetto like exahust wrap.. I don't get this though:

"As these Blankets are designed to retain heat within the turbo, it is recommended that the blanket be removed for vehicle "Garaging" as retaining the heat without the water/oil circulation may cause long term reduced life for the turbo (this is particularly relevant when used with non-water cooled plain bearing units)."

what the hell they talking about? if you're garaging you're vehicle it won't be running, why would you need to remove the blanket? or do they mean after the car is shut off too much heat will be retained and you should take your blanket off every time you get out? that would be ridiculous.. what poor wording, it should be more clear.

yeah i checked that website but i am looking for other places in the web that sells it. anyone have any suggestions of know of any? can you post some pictures of how you got your turbo wrapped or heat controlled?

Dragon TalonTsi said:
http://www.horsepowerinabox.com/hpiab2/category60_1.htm

There is the link, it has many other options available, and should get you started in the right track... points are appreciated, thanks.... :talon:

Taken directly from the rules.
We don't mind if you ask members, who you've bent over backwards to help, to give you reputation points (via private message), even though that's not in the spirit of the system. However, members should not publicly ask for reputation points, and should not leave their username when giving points to others as a way of trying to attract reciprocal points.

And only wisemen and moderators have the ability to give or take away points.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back