The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Looking for fuel leak at high boost

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpmxrider489

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 4, 2010
pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
So I have a Wally 525,8an feed, 6an return, fic1600 hiz on e85.

At idle I have no leaks anywhere. I did a boost leak test as mentioned in one of my other threads but tested to 30.

My question is if linear fuel pressure is boost plus base, I'm seeing 70-80psi depending on how much boost I run. Now for me to test the fuel system at 80, can I just turn the pump on with link and turn the regulator up until 80 and look for leaks?

In link my fuel pressure is all normal. I'm not running out of fuel. My boost and fuel pressure are equal meaning adding boost to base I get the correct pressure.

But my question is just because I'm not seeing a issue in dsmlink, maybe the pump can still pump enough for dsmlink to correct with a small leak.

Like I said no leak at idle. I bench tested the fpr. I'm mainly concerned about the lines under the car and my sensors.

I would use a line to the regulator with a regulated air source set to whatever boost pressure you run so it tests under as used conditions instead of changing the FPR setting.

I agree with Paul, hook a vacuum pump up to the FPR and slowly raise the pressure by applying “boost” and look for leaks. I guess you could just crank the regulator closed to check but never done it that way.

Like stated either way will work just fine but why do you suspect a leak if fuel press is holding in the logs?

Following me now LOL? In the logs everything looks good. Just something I wanted to verify because it seems like normal driving I am constantly putting gas in. Maybe it burns like 3 times as fast.

But I turned the pump on with link, and with bike pump, put in 40 psi and saw 78 in link, which tells me no leaks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back