The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Looking for DSMers in Missouri

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well, Nate at Imagine Auto is able to handle a group on their dyno,AWD dyno, and Jake from Dieman Motorsports is willing to come in and help out with the tuning.

All we need is to know how many people are interested and when everyone wants to do this.

I'd like to go but it'll be atleast another month before I get my turbo, and then I need to break it in. The break in I can do in less then a week.

Shadow98 said:
I'd like to go but it'll be atleast another month before I get my turbo, and then I need to break it in. The break in I can do in less then a week.

Well it doesn't look like many people are rushing to get on the dyno anyways. So waiting a til July/August woudn't be too bad. I know someone who might be ready by that time also, so keep us informed of how your new turbo is comming along.

I'll definitely be ready ...

I know Jake from dieman ... and they are closed down for now .. probably for a while.

They pulled their awd dyno out of the ground, so it's in no shape to be ran.

Imagine auto would be good, and that would be great if Jake comes, because he owes me front and rear camber kit.

I'd be down for this if its closer to august. I still need to dial in my injectors and the car is going to the body shop mid July to finally be rid of the damn body kit that came on it.

Where in Missouri is this? How much do dino runs usually go ($$ wise)? I went down to Nopi and they had a dino set up down there and they were wanting $80 for one run. I have never gotten my car dino'd so i would be interested into how it works. Do they have a FWD dino there or just AWD?

kmoore said:
Where in Missouri is this? How much do dino runs usually go ($$ wise)? I went down to Nopi and they had a dino set up down there and they were wanting $80 for one run. I have never gotten my car dino'd so i would be interested into how it works. Do they have a FWD dino there or just AWD?

Where I'm talking about is actually in Kansas. It normally runs $150/hr, I'm not sure what the group rate will be yet, might depend on how many we have. One hour will get you quite a few pulls on the dyno. I think we did over 10 pulls for the one hour I did in St. Louis.

Speaking of which, if you want, send me a PM and I can give you the name and number to the guy in St. Louis. I'm sure he would be willing to help you out. It would be a lot closer for you. But if you want to drive the 3 or so hours across MO, we would be happy to have you with us. I used him several months ago because the shop here locally wasn't an option at the time.

The way it works is they normally do a first/base run while logging you air/fuel ratio with a wideband sensor, supplied by them and most shops can log your boost as well. The dyno will measure your horse power. Then they just make as many pulls as necessary to get to your target A/F ratio and horsepower goals. You must have some way to tune your car, AFC, DSM Link, ect...... but the shop will make the adjuments and logs for you. I actually logged my timing and o2's at the same time with my pocketlogger jut to give us a little extra info to tune with.

Imagine Auto in Kansas and the guy in St. Louis have a AWD dyno that I need, but for a front wheel drive car you can use any dyno, FWD or AWD dyno. FWD dyno's are easier to find. We have a couple around Kansas City area. I'm not sure about St. Louis.

It may not be the best description of how a dyno works but it's the basics, from my experience.

Ok, cool. Well, right now i have no logger or way of tuning at the moment. Can i still just strap my car on the dino and do a few pulls to see what kind of hp i'm working with... LOL?

kmoore said:
Ok, cool. Well, right now i have no logger or way of tuning at the moment. Can i still just strap my car on the dino and do a few pulls to see what kind of hp i'm working with... LOL?

Yes. Any car can be put on a dyno to find its WHP.

To tune the car you don't even need a logger on a dyno because they will use a wideband meter. Just find a used AFC for cheap and you are ready to go.

So who all is still interested in a dyno day?

I'm still having some issues that I need to clear-up beforehand....I may not be ready till next month, when I have more money but still will be using the dyno for sure.

Head count please and when you would be ready.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back