The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Looking for brackets/adapters for EVO X Brembos

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dj1263

Proven Member
Oct 15, 2013
Up Yonder, BC_Canada
Hi guys,
Good to be back on the forums, I have a 92 1G and need some Brembo front brackets/adapters.
I've searched thru lots of threads including KVM's old one, but I only see them for EVO 8-9, does anyone make them for EVO X's? Wondering what fellow dsmers are doing now
😊 thanks

Evo X front calipers can be installed onto Evo 8/9 by enlarging the mounting holes on the knuckles by 2mm. That's it.
Actually I have a 1g dsm, I don't have an EVO, Im trying to find out if the bracket adapter that allows Evo 8/9 Brembos to go on 1g's will also fit Evo X Brembos on those same brackets

I think Canadian_CD9A was suggesting that if you take brackets intended to install EVO 8/9 calipers onto a DSM and modified them slightly (to accommodate the larger bolts necessary to install EVO 10 calipers), it will work.

If he wasn't suggesting that, I will.
Here's the deal:
EVO 5-9 calipers (it's EVO 5-9 not just EVO 8-9) are the same as EVO 10 calipers EXCEPT that they use larger bolts to mount them (14mm vs 12mm) and they have longer mounting "ears" that match the larger diameter rotors that came with the EVO 10. Therefore, you can take brackets intended to install EVO 5-9 calipers onto a DSM and modify the brackets to accommodate the larger bolts AND use the larger rotors that came stock on EVO 10 and it will work.

Thanks Paul, I will be buying from you then!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back