The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Looking for an OEM rear lower control arm (Toe arm)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

#8 is not the toe arm. #8 is the lower control arm - MR131754
#12 is the toe arm and uses the eccentric toe adjustment bolts in the subframe.

For #12 toe arms - MR162574, MR162573
IMO - Volk tubular replacement is a smart replacement toe arm replacement with spherical bearing for the ball joint.

I was having difficulty locating two new OEM arms with ball joints. I believe the ball joint on the rear tow can be sourced and replaced into existing arms if you want OEM vs Volk.

For#8, the lower control arm - MR131754, where the anti roll bar connects, this part has a bushing to press out and replace, but otherwise you can strip and paint, or powder-coat it to restore it.

Last edited:
IMO - Volk tubular replacement is a smart replacement.
I was having difficulty locating two OEM. I believe the ball joint on the OEM can be sourced and replaced into your existing arms.
Thanks ! Unfortunalty, Volk doesn't ship in France, can't buy them...
I found them on Ebay, but i'm not sure if they are the good one.
Driver and passager side are the same ref ?

Thanks ! Unfortunalty, Volk doesn't ship in France, can't buy them...
I found them on Ebay, but i'm not sure if they are the good one.
Driver and passager side are the same ref ?
I edited my post for clarity while your were responding. I think you are asking to find a lower control arm, not a toe arm.

I edited my post for clarity while your were responding. I think you are asking to find a lower control arm, not a toe arm.
Thanks for your answer and sorry for my bad English, I will use Deepl to speak better :)
Here is the picture of the part I need to replace.
While replacing the bushing, the metal broke, certainly because of rust...
This is indeed the arm that connects the sway bar with the sway bar rod.
In your opinion, is the Ebay part I posted the right one? From memory, there was a reference for the passenger side, and for the driver side, but the seller seems to say that the part is compatible on both sides
Is it dangerous to drive like this ?
Thanks again for your help!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thanks for your answer and sorry for my bad English, I will use Deepl to speak better :)
Here is the picture of the part I need to replace.
While replacing the bushing, the metal broke, certainly because of rust...
This is indeed the arm that connects the sway bar with the sway bar rod.
In your opinion, is the Ebay part I posted the right one? From memory, there was a reference for the passenger side, and for the driver side, but the seller seems to say that the part is compatible on both sides
Is it dangerous to drive like this ?
Thanks again for your help!

I would not feel safe on a rusted part that broke installing a bushing. I believe you have located the right part. Just make sure it is the correct part number for your year FWD Talon. MR13 1754

I believe FWD and AWD are interchangeable. I have a set I am willing to sell with about 32k miles on them. They are in really good shape. With or without end links.

I believe FWD and AWD are interchangeable. I have a set I am willing to sell with about 32k miles on them. They are in really good shape. With or without end links.
I wrecked one of my rear lower control arms this morning getting pulled out of a snow bank ('97 GST). Do you still have these for sale?

Cool. Wanna sell and ship them to MN? I was about to order a new one from Japan (Amayama Trading Co. Ltd.) for $82.83 plus $60 shipping

Amayama Trading Co. Ltd.​

I would be willing to bet that they actually do not have them in. Have had numerous order items cancelled after ordering from them. Last set I got was from Miller Import, but part outs are always an option on FB marketplace.

Thanks Dustin, that may be so although they seemed somewhat legit. I get that they are a re-seller because I placed the order then waited about 12 hours while they verified availability (not like they had it on the shelf). Meanwhile the shipping price went from $13 via UPS to $60 with some international outfit I've never heard of.

Thanks Dustin, that may be so although they seemed somewhat legit. I get that they are a re-seller because I placed the order then waited about 12 hours while they verified availability (not like they had it on the shelf). Meanwhile the shipping price went from $13 via UPS to $60 with some international outfit I've never heard of.

No, they are definitely legit. I have ordered a LOT of hardware/seals/parts from there in the past. Just in my experience, super hard to find parts usually get cancelled after the order gets placed and they start trying to get them from vendors. Shipping is indeed a huge pain, but when I was trying to hunt down all OEM hardware it was the best avenue I could find.

I'm definately an OEM repair guy too. I did hit up Miller Imports yesterday as well. They are now known as Kannapolis Auto Parts, for the record, but I have not heard back from them yet.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back