The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Looking for advice & suggestions on planned 2g build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you guys agree with my FIC 1000cc high-z injector choice for my 20psi goals? I'm about to pull the trigger and I'm curious if you agree with that choice?

Also can you confirm this is the correct way I want my wiring (placing ECMLink order and need to give them pin locations for IAT and MAP):
MAF: Speed density
IAT = GM IAT on ECU pin:72
MAP = AEM 3.5 bar 30-2130-50 on ECU pin:73

Wideband sensor will be located in rear O2 sensor location wired to ECU Pin 75.

Ingersoll-rand BCS will be wired to factory BCS wiring.

Correct?

Last edited:
Ok perfect.

Here is the final setup:
ECMLink V3
ECM: 2g socketed EPROM
Injectors: FIC 1220cc Low-Z
Fuel: non ethanol 92 octane
MAF setup: Speed density
IAT = GM IAT on ECU pin:72
MAP = AEM 3.5 bar model#:30-2130-50 on ECU pin:73

Additional info:
Innovative MTX-L Wideband will be in rear O2 sensor location and wired to ECU pin 75 (and the gauge).

Setup info: MHI big 16 turbo @ 20psi with 7cm gasket to Exhaust Manifold. New Dorman exhaust manifold slightly ported on turbo side. Factory O2 housing slightly ported on turbo side. Walbro 255 fuel pump rewired with STM kit. Feulab FPR, filter, and braided lines. 3" Apexi downpipe & exhaust. Ingersoll-rand 3 port BCS wired to factory BCS wires. All new OEM gaskets, seals, & hardware throughout. FMIC with 1g BOV recirculated.
Setup file with ECMLink and then Remote ECMLink tune via 3rd party.

Near future transmission work:
-ACT clutch kit
-Forged clutch fork
-OEM throw out bearing
-OEM throw out bearing clip to clutch fork
-OEM slave cylinder
-OEM Rear main seal (engine)
-OEM transmission input shaft bearing

Hope it turns out fun and solid!

If there is anything you would change or think I might be forgetting please let me know!

Last edited:
Here are the Injectors I was going to get per the FIC website.

Should I go bigger? I can always regulate them down right? Is there any disadvantage to having too large of Injectors??

Looks like a solid and reliable plan to me! If you need any more help feel free to pm me.

So for those injectors you would need to delete the resistor box because those are high z stock are low z. And you would need to add a conversion harness for each injector plug or solder in the new plugs. The set I suggested are plug and play no deleting the box or adding plugs. And yeah they will be perfectly fine with your setup and not cause issue. Now when you get into the 2000cc plus injectors, idle could suffer a tiny amount but nothing crazy.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back