The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A Looking for a shifter cable part

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxbassett

Probationary Member
Jul 16, 2021
Saint Petersburg, Florida
So I bought a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse rs recently and the guy I bought it from told me he did an engine swap on it but not a swap from and auto to manual and I was wondering if someone could help me find a part that I can’t find because the VIN in my car is an automatic VIN the part is shifter cable bracket and the clips and if anyone knows the part number for a manual trans that would be extremely helpful

2G Eagle Talon (and Chrylser Sebring, Dodge Avenger) Parts Catalogues

Give those a check - no VIN required. Just make sure the pages you're looking at are referring to the Talon and not the Sebring or Avenger.

In any case, using Mitsubishi ASA or CAPS or any Mitsubishi parts website does not necessarily require a VIN to look up part numbers. Having a VIN simply makes it easier to find out what the original equipment is / was for that particular VIN. You can always generically look up parts for a '97 RS with a manual transmission.

2G Eagle Talon (and Chrylser Sebring, Dodge Avenger) Parts Catalogues

Give those a check - no VIN required. Just make sure the pages you're looking at are referring to the Talon and not the Sebring or Avenger.

In any case, using Mitsubishi ASA or CAPS or any Mitsubishi parts website does not necessarily require a VIN to look up part numbers. Having a VIN simply makes it easier to find out what the original equipment is / was for that particular VIN. You can always generically look up parts for a '97 RS with a manual transmission.
Okay thank you is the part I’m looking for a hard one to find for my car?

I'm not sure what part(s) you are referring to based on your description so I can't answer that. That PDF should lead you to part numbers with which you can check on parts websites for availability.

This one?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Those clips are the same exact clips used to secure the cables to the interior of the car, and also the same one used to secure the line for the slave cylinder. So if you could find any of those at a junkyard you'll be set. I have 2 extras that I got from the yard, but they're not for sale.

So I'd say yes, those specific clips are a little hard to find, but only because DSM's are hard to find. If you find a partout or see one at the yard you should be able to snag a few.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back