The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Looking for a new car......Suggestions???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perley03

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 29, 2006
Bangor, Maine
Me and the g/f are looking to buy a new car. Her Stratus is getting to the point of beyond reliability. We're not looking into getting a "brand new", but one that is fairly new with less than 20,000 on the clock. We looked at a Toyota Camry and a Avalon, a Honda Accord, and a Ford Focus today. We're looking for a nice, reliable car, with exceptionaly good MPG, and all around good in the winter. Anyone have any suggestions on a good car or cars to stay away from (VW)???

The Avalon is about this }{ far from being a Lexus. It will please you for a very, very, very long time.
The best mileage will probably be the Honda, if you stay with a 4-cylinder.
But at least go look at a new Hyundai and a new Kia. They're putting out an incredible product.

If you only need a 2-door car I'd say a Scion tc. If you go for the 4-door, look for an Avalon. My fiancee has an 06 tc and we love it and her parents have a 97 Avalon (bought it in 98 with 2K on the clock) with 110K on it and the only thing it has needed is new struts.

On any stock Honda if you follow the regular maintenance, it will take you to 250k+ miles.

We were leaning toward the Avalon, we really liked how it rode/drove, how it handled, the power is awesome (v6) and the features in the car are amazing. It's an '03 with 37,600 on it though, but for the price we're thinking about getting it. I contacted the original owner this morning and talked with her for awhile about the car. She said she never had any problems with it, always had it maintained before the due date, and the reason she traded it was because she needed a smaller car that was good on gas. Probally going to the dealer tomorrow and negotiating a fair price, and see what we come up with.

i dunno,but i work at a gm/hyundai,and the cars are crap! i will never buy one.

go for the acura tsx 2.4 ( thats the accord here) it gives good mileage and is reliable. the camry and accord have gotten so bloated and overweight.. bah!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back