The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

looking for a 4g63 6 bolt

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B Mad

Probationary Member
Feb 5, 2012
Portland, Oregon
Looking to buy a 6 bolt to swap from my 7. If anyone has one laying around pm me. Thx

Are you looking for an entire motor, a shortblock, or literally just a bare block to build? I have a full turnkey motor I may be pulling this weekend from my shell to put in my 2.3l if you are interested. Its a freshly built 6 bolt block with ARP hardware and ACL bearings, and the head is a 2g fresh rebuild with Delta 264/272 cams. I would sell just the block if you are planning on using your own head from the 7 bolt which is better than the 1g heads for anything under 750-800hp. Let me know what you are looking for and maybe I can help you out!

I have some options for you if you message me.

I planned on using my 2g top end and having someone convert the 6 bolt block to fit. Are you saying you already have the 6 bolt block converted with the 2g top end? If so I would be very interested. Let me know.

Correct, I have a 6 bolt block freshly rebuilt by a local shop that works on a lot of these cars and the 4g63 engine in particular, that has a 2g head on it. The modifications to use a 7 bolt head are not that bad honestly and there is nothing in the block itself that needs to be changed. The few biggest things are that you have to grind a chunk off the driver side motor mount, use the 1g water pump, and use the 1g CAS on the 2g intake cam. It is also a good idea while you have the head off the other block to ream the stud holes in it to 12mm since the 6 bolt block has bigger studs by 1mm and it makes a tight fit without doing that. My head didn't have the holes enlarged and the car runs great, but its just an idea in case you didn't know about that part of the swap.

Any questions let me know, as I mentioned this is a totally fresh built shortblock that has some idle time and a very quick drive on it is all. Has great compression but a flywheel issue in the car made me take it apart unfortunately. Happy to send pics and answer anything you'd like to know. It was built to support a 50 trim turbo and make 450whp so it should do well for anything you plan to throw at it other than a giant turbo LOL!!

I also have a garage literally full of extra parts so if there is anything else you're looking to do to your car I could help throw some extras in I'm sure too...

- Tyler

This is my first build I'm open to suggestions and ideas on where to start. I know I want to put in 3in turbo back exhaust. Bov boost control and guage. Upgrade fuel pump and injectors. Anything floating around that would be good starter equip let me know

Yup Kyle I have a few but the one I mentioned to him is the main one that is 100% built and ready to drop in its currently in my Talon. The 2.3l is in work, although Jack hasn't emailed me back, and the 7 bolt just sold this week. Actually the new owner fired it up the next day and called to tell me how awesome it is to have a running car again LOL, the guy has three 2gs one of which has a 3.0 subaru motor mounted mid engine RWD its crazy!

B Mad I have a full 3" HKS Hi-Power exhaust, 850cc FIC injectors, DSMlink v3, intercooler, piping, BOV, all that stuff. What is your overall budget at this time and your future goals for the car. You don't want to have to buy stuff twice we've all been there and it sucks.

Depends on how much its gonna cost me to have someone help me drop it in. Let me make some calls and see if I can round someone up

Im a newbie and want some help on my first drop in

have a 6 boltt bottom end I picked up from paul over in vancouver a years back that's suppose to be good. It's been sitting in my garage taking up space for one of the many projects I never got to. I think I paid 225 .I'd like to get it back.

I picked up fullthrottles setup. After this swap I may hit you up on the short block to do the swap on my gst

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back