The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Looking for 2012 pedal wiring diagram for DBW

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacolu3

Proven Member
Jan 31, 2015
Lake Grove, New_York
I'm switching to a bosch dbw throttle body with a 2012 eclipse pedal assembly. I have the factory plug but I can't find a wiring diagram for the pedal.

I was wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram for a 4g eclipse or knows the pinout for the pedal?

Thanks
Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm pretty sure i have the 4g (4th gen) eclipse manual on mediafire. Copy and past the link below and it should be in the folder labeled 4G

this is for a 9g galant with a 3.8L. it may be the same

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

this is for a 9g galant with a 3.8L. it may be the same

This seems to be right. The colors match for 5 of the 6 wires.
Thank you!!!!

I attempted to mount my 3g pedal this weekend and I didn't like how it wasn't going to sit flush on the floor boards. I ordered a 1" thick piece of aluminum that is the same width and length of the pedal. I will have to try to fab something up with it so the entire pedal has a flat surface to sit on.

I'm extremely interested in doing this conversion. The thought of no IAC or old TPS is something that I would love, however I am still very confused about the wiring into the ecu... can anyone elaborate this process in a "dummy version"?

I understand the pedal to the TB wiring, however I do not understand the TB to ECU aspect yet.

I'm extremely interested in doing this conversion. The thought of no IAC or old TPS is something that I would love, however I am still very confused about the wiring into the ecu... can anyone elaborate this process in a "dummy version"?

I understand the pedal to the TB wiring, however I do not understand the TB to ECU aspect yet.

So I just finished doing this with a haltech elite 1500. I don't think ecmlink would be capable of doing this.
The pedal gets wired in directly to the ecu and the throttle body also gets directly wired into the ecu. They actually don't get wired together.
The pedal will have
2-5v wires
2-signal grounds (that get wired into the ecu signal ground not chassis ground)
2-analog inputs for the pedal position.

The throttle body will have
2-5v
2-signal grounds
2-tps analog inputs
2-wires for the motor (I believe 12v but not 100% sure)

With the haltech, polarity doesn't matter.
Here is a wiring diagram from haltech on how to wire it.

Thank you for posting this info - I am getting rid of dsmlink, just trying to determine if I am going to go with Haltech or Link G4x... This might be the deciding factor!
Well the haltech has a plug and play adapter which makes wiring very easy. And haltech has lots of tech info on the web and they are very helpful over the phone too.

Thank you for posting this info - I am getting rid of dsmlink, just trying to determine if I am going to go with Haltech or Link G4x... This might be the deciding factor!

Well the haltech has a plug and play adapter which makes wiring very easy. And haltech has lots of tech info on the web and they are very helpful over the phone too.
Link as a PnP entire ECU that you can just mount in the factory enclosure. I ordered one last week when they went on sale for $1100 but the EVO8 Link is on backorder for 6+ weeks so I won't see it for a while. It also supports DBW so @my98gsx for your purposes you could use either, but I think you might be able to find a little more information on Haltech stuff. I haven't tried looking for Link help on the interwebs yet but I did download their tuning software and was pretty impressed. I've done the same for Haltech and they're remarkably similar.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back