The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Looking at "performance" all-season tires... experienced input needed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kronus

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 15, 2006
Independence, Missouri
Well, my GS is due for some new rubber. The fronts are bald and the rears are over 6 years old and one has a screw, so I think it's time that I replace 'em.

I've tried to read as much as I could about some all seasons, and while I'd much rather get a set of sticky summers and beefy winters, the funds won't allow it, and since my GS is my daily, I don't really need a super sticky summer tire anyway. Just something with a little grip for the occasional spirited run through some twisties. The most important factor is how they'll handle the snow.

I've read a few reviews here and a lot in other places about the Continental ExtremeContact DWS. I think it was 99gstRacer that has them and commented that they handled a Michigan winter like a champ.

Also, I've been reading up on the Cooper Zeon RS3-A and it seems like they're a fairly high rated tire as well, considering the price and that they're all seasons.

So now I need some input, preferably from those who have experience with these or other 'performance' all-seasons. I'm on the stock Gs-t 5-spokes, and I'd like to get 225/50s. I know the width will hurt me in the snow, but I'd like the extra grip in the, not snow... Thanks!

Eaglr gt's are trash..the cup real quick if you dont keep up with the roto balances

I suggest a yokahoma YK580

Stay away from kumho for all season

You can always go with michelin as well for your 16's

I'd recommend the new Kuhmo 4X and the Pirelli PNero All-Seasons. The Pirelli is one of the best rated all seasons out there, while still retaining a W speed rating and having a nice warranty. ( 45,000 miles on a 225/40/18 )

've been running Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 225/50/ZR16s on my Talon in all seasons for years. They are pricy but have three compounds side-by-side in the tread for wet, or cold or dry grip. They are never the best tire on any day but never really bad in the rain, cold, or snow.

Michelin Tires Available at Tire Rack

One difference is my Talon is AWD and has grip to spare most of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've read a few reviews here and a lot in other places about the Continental ExtremeContact DWS. I think it was 99gstRacer that has them and commented that they handled a Michigan winter like a champ.
As soon as I saw this thread title, I was going to come in here and post about these tires. LOL

Those Continentals are the best all-seasons I've ever owned. Check out the surveys section at TireRack. It's pretty accurate. Continental ExtremeContact DWS

For the first time ever, I looked forward to every drive in the winter when I had those on my talon. :)

these are really really really nice also, very spendy though.
They're just over $100 each on TireRack. I thought that was a pretty good price. Not the cheapest, but definitely cheap for such a good tire IMO.

've been running Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 225/50/ZR16s on my Talon in all seasons for years. They are pricy but have three compounds side-by-side in the tread for wet, or cold or dry grip. They are never the best tire on any day but never really bad in the rain, cold, or snow.

Michelin Tires Available at Tire Rack

One difference is my Talon is AWD and has grip to spare most of the time.

i had the same compound tires from michelin on my 08 GSXR-600 and they were AWESOME sticky when you need it and hard where you need it

As soon as I saw this thread title, I was going to come in here and post about these tires. LOL

Those Continentals are the best all-seasons I've ever owned. Check out the surveys section at TireRack. It's pretty accurate. Continental#ExtremeContact DWS

For the first time ever, I looked forward to every drive in the winter when I had those on my talon. :)

They're just over $100 each on TireRack. I thought that was a pretty good price. Not the cheapest, but definitely cheap for such a good tire IMO.

ah, well i saw them at the mitsubishi stealership, so it makes sense. i think they were 175 per tire, what ever it was ended up being a grand after balance and tax and installation and stuff.:notgood:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back