The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Looking at buying a newer car need some advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghettodsm91

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 20, 2003
denver, Colorado
hi im 23, have bad credit. Now im looking at buying a new car. I have about 3 to 5000 that i can put down. I don't have anyone to co-sign for me either. Now will a dealship accept me? Im looking at buying something at least 98 or newer. Ive been looking at mazda 3 or 6, scion tc, neon srt4, or what i really want but i doubt ill be able to get it evo. Im looking at right around 450 max for monthly payments. Is it just dependent the dealer or do they all have a system. I mean i was finaced on a new honda cbr with 2500 down, but i need a car since im going to have a family soon. Im also going to be going to school part time and need something reliable, my dsm i just dont trust anymore LOL :dsm: :)

you wont know until you try
I have a 2k3 jeep grand cherokee limited KBB is 22500 on it.

I paid 18 for it after down payment and all, financed at 8% over 6 years(i have a relaly long warranty) adn i end up at 325 a month for a car payment. and im only 20 with barely any credit

just go out and try... i didnt have any credit when i got mine, so my dad stepped in to try his luck, which he was just re-establishing his credit, and he was able to get a loan for my car. you just have to go out and try, some dealerships wont be able to get you a loan, but others will, so you wont know until you try! :thumb:

i was also thinking of trying my bank to see if i could a loan from them. I guess ill just try and see... thanks guys,kevin.

Even with bad credit, you should be good with money down. You might be looking at the first year srt-4 but still. not too shabby

wow you think i could get a srt-4? I would love one but ive heard alot of bad things about the build quality. My mom had a dodge omni turbo back in the 80s i remember being stranded several times with her on the highway with that damn car LOL ROFL . Im going look around see what i can find

Even w/"bad credit," that amount of down-money, provided you're gainfully employed and have a physical address, *_should_* get you a decent ride.

Like the others have said, you won't know 'till you try. :thumb:

Best of luck!

-A
:dsm: / :talon:

I tried a few months ago to get into something newer. I only had about $2k to put down.....but everyone wanted a co-signer which I didn't have. :notgood:

my friend just got rid of his 04 srt4 cause he couldnt afford the payments any more with his insurance going up. but he never had a single problem and he beat the hell out of it

Did you need a co-signer on the bike? if not you should be good to get a new car, because bikes are considered luxury items, its harder to get a bike than a car. With 5k down you shold be good, just make sure you check insurance first.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back