The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

lookin to buy a spyder gst

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my95eclipsegst

Probationary Member
Jan 22, 2003
FloridaUS
hey i'm lookin to buy a 97 eclipse gst.... just wondering what u guyz could tell me to look for... i checked it out and the engine is clean..there isn't any movement in the turbo. no major oil deposits in the wastegate. it seems to be a good car. just wondering if there are other little things i should look for. please let me know so i can check everything before buying the car. thanks guyz

chris

Well one thing to check for on any 2nd gen DSM is crankwalk, do a search and you should be able to get all the information in the world about how to check for it. On a spyder also check the condition of the roof, as these roofs have a tendency to leak after a few years unless they are garage kept. Check to make sure the tranny shifts well and that the timing belt has been changed, if not change it after you buy the car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back